Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Blythe, Ca
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPDATE: Two of the three injuries in river boating crash are critical

3:23 PM Fri, Jul 04, 2008 | Permalink | Comments (0)
Posted by: PE News

A boat and a personal watercraft collided on the Colorado River in Blythe, injuring three, according to reports from the Riverside County Sheriff's Department.
Two of the people injured are in critical condition, according to the Riverside County Fire Department Web site.
Ten Cal Fire/ Riverside County Fire Department firefighters are on scene at Collis Mayflower County Park. A stretch of the Colorado River runs along the eastern edge of the park.
Three airships have been launched to the accident scene, according to the fire department Web site.
No other details are available at this time, Deputy Jerry Franchville said.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Not good to read.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
I am really getting tired of hearing about all of these crashes and so forth. Makes you think about it and wonder if it is even worth boating anymore.....

Too many irresponsible people on the water. Who knows what the cause was but it just kind of makes me take pause and just wonder to myself.

Just seems to be an everyday event, however I know that is not the case

·
Wishin I was at the lake!
547 Posts
I am really getting tired of hearing about all of these crashes and so forth. Makes you think about it and wonder if it is even worth boating anymore.....

Too many irresponsible people on the water. Who knows what the cause was but it just kind of makes me take pause and just wonder to myself.

Just seems to be an everyday event, however I know that is not the case
Don't lose faith, sts, just be smart and enjoy your own program... Avoid the crowds... You know how to be cool and have fun at the lake!

:cool:

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Don't lose faith, sts, just be smart and enjoy your own program... Avoid the crowds... You know how to be cool and have fun at the lake!

:cool:
Well said. I don't go to the river to find a party, my family does our own thing. Don't get me wrong, we go with people and hang with people, but we go opposite of all the crowd, newbies, amateurs and hopefully all A-holes:)devil

·
Re - Member?
768 Posts
I was there 20 weekends ago................

Well said. I don't go to the river to find a party, my family does our own thing. Don't get me wrong, we go with people and hang with people, but we go opposite of all the crowd, newbies, amateurs and hopefully all A-holes:)devil
I saw peoplegoing the wrong direction / wrong side all day. I saw one patrol boat in 4 days. This weekend at Canyon Lake, AZ the first 3 boats / jetskis I encountered as I left the ramp no wake zone were all going the wrong way:)sphss SCARY!!! The rest of the day was great except for all the floating wood / trees and the back of the lake.

2,056 Posts
I saw peoplegoing the wrong direction / wrong side all day. I saw one patrol boat in 4 days. This weekend at Canyon Lake, AZ the first 3 boats / jetskis I encountered as I left the ramp no wake zone were all going the wrong way:)sphss SCARY!!! The rest of the day was great except for all the floating wood / trees and the back of the lake.
I'm very surprised at how many seasoned boaters still don't follow the traffic pattern and pass wayyy too close to boats. It's scary out there.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
A buddy of mine was in Parker the week of July 4th. He said he was on the water all week towing some kids around. Said there were very few boaters but said it seemed like the tube attracted the idiots. Said boats would come within a few week of the kids in the tube. Doesnt make much sense to me why they would do this and wonder how they would act if it was their kids in the tube.

I'm very surprised at how many seasoned boaters still don't follow the traffic pattern and pass wayyy too close to boats. It's scary out there.

·
Nuclear Powered
1,281 Posts
A buddy of mine was in Parker the week of July 4th. He said he was on the water all week towing some kids around. Said there were very few boaters but said it seemed like the tube attracted the idiots. Said boats would come within a few week of the kids in the tube. Doesnt make much sense to me why they would do this and wonder how they would act if it was their kids in the tube.
Tubing on the river, and the 4th of July to boot seems pretty wreckless, then to through in your own kids....Parents need to take some responsibility, and not leave it up to Drunk and or inexperience boaters to make their family safe.:)hand

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Totally agree. I sure as heck wouldnt put my daughter in a tube on a busy holiday weekend.

Tubing on the river, and the 4th of July to boot seems pretty wreckless, then to through in your own kids....Parents need to take some responsibility, and not leave it up to Drunk and or inexperience boaters to make their family safe.:)hand

·
Low Budget Livin' Large
169 Posts
I was in Parker on the 4th and it got crowded in waves. One minute there are two boats, the next there are 4 boats pulling tubes, 3 boats just floating, 5 seadont's doing doughuts, and 4 boats hauling a$$ trying to cut through the obstacles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
UPDATE: Two of the three injuries in river boating crash are critical

3:23 PM Fri, Jul 04, 2008 | Permalink | Comments (0)
Posted by: PE News

A boat and a personal watercraft collided on the Colorado River in Blythe, injuring three, according to reports from the Riverside County Sheriff's Department.
Two of the people injured are in critical condition, according to the Riverside County Fire Department Web site.
Ten Cal Fire/ Riverside County Fire Department firefighters are on scene at Collis Mayflower County Park. A stretch of the Colorado River runs along the eastern edge of the park.
Three airships have been launched to the accident scene, according to the fire department Web site.
No other details are available at this time, Deputy Jerry Franchville said.

·
Banned
989 Posts
the street does not have rock bars or sand bars, if its shallow you follow the channel! you are all quick to judge without thinking.
yeah you use the channel but do you pass oncoming boats on the right or left?????????????????

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Read in the paper today that a 19 year old girl from Temecula died in an accident at the river. I can only assume that it must be related. Tragedy........ I hate hearing about this crap. Don't know if alcohol was involved, but when people complain about the crack down at the river, this is the reason for it. Thoughts and prayers go out to the families involved.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts