Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what the regulations are, but I'm a believer. Push the linkage over centre just once and a good day will go south. Seems to be a regular question, how to make one. This is what I came up with today as I was mounting the gas pedal in my Flat.
All aluminum parts with stainless steel fasteners and adjustable stop. Did the whole thing with a jig saw and a drill, an 82deg countersink, a couple of drill bits and a 1/4-20 tap. I used a single piece of 1/8 x 3" flat stock about 14" long, a piece of 1/4 x 3 angle, and a triangle of 3/8 bar stock. Anyone could make this and if you have access to a TIG it would be even quicker.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
t

You are smart to put that on, my velvet drive shifter wasn't locked out and every time I put some besides my dad or myself in her the shifter got shoved to the floor. Did it one too many times a few years ago and she came floating back, good thing they went up river. I went to a farm equipment shop to replace the tweaked shifter and was able to order a cable with the throw I needed, so the cable is the lock out now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts