Performance Boats Forum banner

Ticket on 95 N. Just Before Gas Stations?

4K views 31 replies 24 participants last post by  waterboy 
#1 ·
Was anyone else lucky enough to get their picture taken by the camera on Sunday June 7th, or any other f-ing day for that matter. Apperantly I was doing 46 in a 35.

I remember talking with my brother and slowing down then all of the sudden FLASH, I guess I should have talked less and slowed more. It was an S-10 Blazer with a tall pole.

Are these things legal still in AZ? I know that red-light cameras have been disconnected in my city. I don't see any sense in fighting it unless there is an active movement to not allow this technology.

G
#3 ·
Rod,

It's been there for the past 3 weeks or so in BHC. Last Fri and Sat there were signs warning "Photo Enforcement Ahead". Sorry to hear you got nailed.

Did they do away with the red light cam on Harbor and Chapman?

#4 ·
Big Brother at work here.

Where was it, on the Havasu to 40 part of the 95?

#5 ·
They say you can ignore them. If they don't serve you within three months they drop it. BoatCop might know more. If it's a corporate registered vehicle they will not try to serve you. Again, dropped after a few months because of failure to serve you.

They have tried to crack down on enforcement, but who knows? :)coffee

#10 ·
Yes you are correct. BUT I understand if you sign, return, or in any way acknowledge you got the letter......you waved your rights, and you're on the hook. If you get served, you're on the hook, plus like $25. I heard they do not process serve out of state, but I don't know if this is still the case.

Mine is now dropped!!! :)devil :)devil :)devil :D

RTJas :D

#6 ·
I read in the Fullerton paper that due to the nature i.e. revenue sharing portion of the contract, the cameras were not legal.

Yes on 95 just before the 40.

I will be back out at the end of July for a week so I would hate to let go unaddressed.

G
#13 ·
I read in the Fullerton paper that due to the nature i.e. revenue sharing portion of the contract, the cameras were not legal.

Yes on 95 just before the 40.

I will be back out at the end of July for a week so I would hate to let go unaddressed.
Glad to hear it.

Saw that one last week. There was a sign, but I didn't have my reading glasses on. It looking something like "Please don't vandalize the enforcement vehicles". I could be wrong.....
LMAO

#7 ·
Was anyone else lucky enough to get their picture taken by the camera on Sunday June 7th, or any other f-ing day for that matter. Apperantly I was doing 46 in a 35.

I remember talking with my brother and slowing down then all of the sudden FLASH, I guess I should have talked less and slowed more. It was an S-10 Blazer with a tall pole.

Are these things legal still in AZ? I know that red-light cameras have been disconnected in my city. I don't see any sense in fighting it unless there is an active movement to not allow this technology.

CHANGE, isn't it great until it happens to YOU!

#8 ·
It's the economic stimulus progrom for the Police. B O does get a cut so you should feel all warm and fuzzy about doing your part.hil:):)hand

#11 ·
I dont know how these vans actually work for instance does there have to be someone in the van to take the picture or is it automatic at a certain speed that it goes off ? They have been leaving them on the 60 out by me for weeks at a time in the same spot with noone in them and the pole with the camera isnt even up.

#19 ·
http://www.azcentral.com/news/election/azelections/articles/2009/06/26/20090626photoradar0626.html

Perhaps it's a fitting venue: The Senate Retirement Committee voted to retire the state's photo-enforcement system, effective next year.

If approved by the full Legislature, the ban would apply to all cameras on the state's highway system. The state has been using the cameras to catch speeders since October.

The bill was introduced by Sen. Ron Gould, R-Lake Havasu City, as a strike-everything amendment to Senate Bill 1352, which originally dealt with the state retirement system.
Gould used the strike-everything maneuver to give new life to his push to do away with the controversial cameras after his original bill to ban photo enforcement failed to get a hearing.

"I think you've got a majority of people who don't like photo radar," Gould said, adding he is referring to the general population.

"It's too much power for the government," Gould said. "They (the cameras) can track you point to point. It's too '1984' for me," he added, referring to the novel by George Orwell.

The bill passed on a 3-1 vote and now is headed for full Senate consideration.

A measure to beef up photo en- forcement by including penalties against the driver's license for speed violations was held Wednesday after a lengthy Senate debate and appears headed for defeat.

#21 ·
If you read me eariler post my point it that no still camera that I am aware of that takes one single shot can determine what vehicle if faster that the nother when they are side by side. This all goes to human involvement, which is why this is all a B.S. idea to make money, nothing more than that.

If it was digital video taken at 28+ FPS, then fine, but I doubt those Ford Escape SUV's that someone paid for do not take video

#28 ·
I do the same, always on 65 mph. The problem this time is that the speed decreases from 65 to 55 to 45 then 35. I didn't slow down fast enough between 45 and 35.

The hearing date is the 29th in Havi and I will be there at that time, I am just not sure what good contesting it will do. I was speeding but I was also slowing down, just not fast enough I guess.

#31 ·
A couple weeks ago there was a cop with a radar gun out the window backed into a house driveway, behind some palm trees on Lipan Rd, east of 95 in Fort Mohave. I didn't know they could use private homes like that.

Sure , the home owner probably complained about speeders so they offered their property to help catch them.

When i lived up on the hill , i had cops sit in my front yard all the time... With all the kids around and the high school punks doing 50 or more in a 25:|err

Funny thing was one of the same cars that always hauled azz by the house ended up wrecking right in front of the cop:)devil

I guess they didn't see that big blue 6 yard dumpster, they pushed it right into the Mercedes that was in the driveway. they even tried to run , but the whole neighborhood was out there and ended up chasing them down:)hand BUSTED:)grn

Oh and the camera on 95 , it got my ol lady in her work truck. Still waiting for that one

#27 ·
The question is, has Victorville seen a substantial reduction in traffic fatalities as a result of the cameras that the government claimed for the reason of installing the cameras? Or has it become just another way of getting money from the citizens?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.