Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
It might be easier to retro fit that setup with the JC/JG tiller arm/nozzle and reverse bucket........there's probably one in the garage of anyone who's installed a diverter(I do and I'd sell it cheap)..... OR...You could just get a Place Diverter and kill two birds with one stone.......

BTW, what's up with the connection between steering cable and tiller arm? Should not look like that. Steering cable is way too far of the steering tube.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tom, i'll giv you a call tomorrow, & yes it is a scary set up, this is the way the previous owner had it set up, I've only had this boat a couple of months and can't afford to fix everything all at once, I've been trying to fix stuff as I can afford it, and this is next on the list.......i've been looking at pics of other jet drives and cant figure out why my steering cable is sticking out so far, again its one one of the PO rigged up stuff............thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
7,314 Posts
Thanks for the Email pics , three things #1, old school nozzle and steering tiller arm ,#2 Wrong transom adaptor (angled vs flat and what looks like a "way too long" Jacuzzi (or other) steer tube , once more all this is easily fixed (cheap) Tom

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they told me its a 12JG berkeley jet pump they also told me to make sure I keep 90 wt oil in the two set screw plugs on top of the bowl in the pics tom but when I put oil in the holes and i start it up the oil blows out. it looks like all i"m doing is pouring oil on top of the impeller????

·
Screamin SeaMonkees
1,622 Posts
they told me its a 12JG berkeley jet pump they also told me to make sure I keep 90 wt oil in the two set screw plugs on top of the bowl in the pics tom but when I put oil in the holes and i start it up the oil blows out. it looks like all i"m doing is pouring oil on top of the impeller????

1/8" pipe plugs go into those holes. After flushing oil into one and out the other.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry guys I did'nt say it right, yes it is 1/8 npt plugs, but after filling (which took forever to get full) I put the plugs back in and when you start up the boat (in my garage) and rev it up a couple times it would blow the oil out the end of the jet where the water would come out if it was in the water (the nozzle)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the Email pics , three things #1, old school nozzle and steering tiller arm ,#2 Wrong transom adaptor (angled vs flat and what looks like a "way too long" Jacuzzi (or other) steer tube , once more all this is easily fixed (cheap) Tom
whats the difference in angled vs flat transom adaptor? I figured the angled would give more top end speed as it is angled up and would raise the bow up a little?

·
Premium Member
7,314 Posts
The angled transom adaptor allows for the opposite angle on the back of the hull to seal the jet bowl area out side the hull the mounting boss on the "flat" unit vs the "angled" where the steer tube passes thru is at issue in your case (from the pics) it appears to add to the incorrect geometry of the linkage hook up Tom

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.