Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
bearings

have the crank checked before you throw the bearings at it.
Crank, rods, and the installer/operator. Damn, you had to hear and smell that before she let loose. If you need crank and rods, I have an extra set laying around.

Do you by chance have an intake. I need a single plane, standard deck, 4150 flange intake for a simple project.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Jerry

Don't know what I am going to need. Need to finish tearing it down. I don't have an intake, sorry.

Give me a call this weekend

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finished tearing it down. Everything else looks good. This was an unknown engine. Possible reasons for 5 & 6 to go and the rest look good?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there any chance of some input here?? I am trying to learn. Even old guys may want to learn something! Sheesh

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Finished tearing it down. Everything else looks good. This was an unknown engine. Possible reasons for 5 & 6 to go and the rest look good?
You said unknown engine so cld be possible that journal was bigger than the rest after it being turned or maybe bent crank/crack

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Is there any chance of some input here?? I am trying to learn. Even old guys may want to learn something! Sheesh
The old guys have already learned from mistakes, your dealing with trying to put a band-aid on a gaping wound, no cheap correct way out on this deal.............................

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spudpilot. Not sure what you mean. Am not looking for a cheap way!! Looking for knowledge. Conversation as such

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
OK.......You need to take this pile to a repeatable machine shop in your neck of the woods (Sacto, Grass Valley or Reno area) that can give you the straight facts on what you have!! The chances of the crank being any good are nil, also the pistons on those same holes were smacking the head, so as I see it minimally: a Crank, 2 rods, 2 pistons, oil pump, check out heads, rings, bearings, gaskets, vat & mag, hone block, check weights for balance, etc.

Hope this helps.............. John (208) 731-7999

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
OK.......You need to take this pile to a repeatable machine shop in your neck of the woods (Sacto, Grass Valley or Reno area) that can give you the straight facts on what you have!! The chances of the crank being any good are nil, also the pistons on those same holes were smacking the head, so as I see it minimally: a Crank, 2 rods, 2 pistons, oil pump, check out heads, rings, bearings, gaskets, vat & mag, hone block, check weights for balance, etc.

Hope this helps.............. John (208) 731-7999
Good advice right there :))THumbsUp

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Spudpilot. I had every intention of doing what you suggest. Not quite understanding the derogatory remarks. But hey, us old guys can roll with it. That is how we learn.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Sorry, wasn't trying to be derogatory with my input, but felt it getting a bit stagnated as to what you were suppose to do!

I apologize.................. I'm a day older tomorrow so I guess I'm cranky!!!!!!! :)grn

Cheers & Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Sorry, wasn't trying to be derogatory with my input, but felt it getting a bit stagnated as to what you were suppose to do!

I apologize.................. I'm a day older tomorrow so I guess I'm cranky!!!!!!! :)grn

Cheers & Good Luck!
I don't think he so much wants to know what he should do, as much have a conversation as to what happened.

More likely lost oil pressure. At the very least, one rod or the other, 5 or 6 spun. For some reason, even if the oil pressure returns, the damn things don't heal them selves. Heat sets in, and takes the other rod on the same journal, and you see the result when some moron continues to run it.

How to you avoid it? Don't lose oil pressure.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Bob. I was just looking for conversation. And this moron :wink2: shut it off immediately

·
Registered
302 Posts
knock

Herd a knock coming from my 402 and shut it down immediatly and towed it in. Took it apart and #8 bearing was already stuck to journal but not foil thin as in previous post pix. Crank was junk and had to search for replacement.

BTW......us older guys have thicker skin too!

Heck, I've been getting older since I was born

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:stir::stir::stir: Have mufflers & no stereo. Skin is thick as 40 grit. Didn't want getrdone jumping in!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts