Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Resident Ford Nut
10,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the A-460's back today. 8 new 2.40" Ti- intakes with new beryllium seats all cleaned up and ready to go:

Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover :D

· Resident Ford Nut
10,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good Jon. Did you just pull the heads or tear down the whole engine?
Just the heads this year. Hopefully new pistons after March 2010. It will only have a few days on it at the end of the season. It will be nice and fresh for the Tom Papp 2010 memorial ;)

S CP :D

· Resident Ford Nut
10,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like you were polishing your pistons with the exhuast valves.:D Is that the new hot tip. Hahaha.
Did I mention I had the stout valve springs put back on :)

720 lbs over the nose vs 640 lbs. Nothing hurt but the pistons were nicely brushed no carbon on the piston tops.

· www.highflowdynamics.com
1,139 Posts
Nice detailing on the chambers, and realignment of the oil return....are those the early/1st Gen Motorsport A heads (right after Ford purchased TFS?)

LO

· Resident Ford Nut
10,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice detailing on the chambers, and realignment of the oil return....are those the early/1st Gen Motorsport A heads (right after Ford purchased TFS?)

LO
Yep, first Gen. My friend Geoff Mummert did a bunch of work on them the chambers were down to 66 CC. A bit less now because he just surfaced them. I don't know if you re-call my dyno sheet's but the heads are a very big part of the .331 BSFC at peak trq and an average of .366 BSFC over the pulls.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.