1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
None I am aware of.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I'm going to replace my double roller chain. Is there any prep I should do before installing it to get the most life out of it?
A good soaking in oil prior to assembly would be a good idea, insuring instant lube between the link pins and actual rollers. I do the same with roller lifters, hyd. lifters, and roller rockers. You can not have to much pre-lube on initial fire up.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I'm going to replace my double roller chain. Is there any prep I should do before installing it to get the most life out of it?
Just for the thought some of the old racers would actualy bead blast them to hold more oil on the sufaces unless you drill the lifter galleys for alittle spray of oil the only oil they get is splash and run-off. IMO M

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Just for the thought some of the old racers would actualy bead blast them to hold more oil on the sufaces unless you drill the lifter galleys for alittle spray of oil the only oil they get is splash and run-off. IMO M
Are you serious? I am a young guy I guess.
(If a BBC) Check the wear area behind the top sprocket. The factory put those two .040" ish holes in the oil galley plugs for a reason. Many a guy does not bother to drill the holes when changing plugs.
Wags

·
Distinguished Member
5,775 Posts
+1 what Larry (bubbletop) says :)devil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts