You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,, Clear the air.
What's your story with any encounters with the LEOS this boating season?:

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
I have been pulled over twice now, once by LHCPD and once by SBCSO. Both times they wanted to know what the hell my boat was and how old it was. Nothing but smiles and pleasantries.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Can multiple and ongoing incidents in my own damn backyard count?

Brian

·
Re-member
3,729 Posts
...I had breakfast in a booth next to a couple of LAPD this morning.....She was hot.....Him not so much.......They said they were late to breakfast because they had a call......I told them I made that call so I could get a better booth....Hottie said,...."So it's your fault".....I said yeah.......Guess we won't be movin in together???...:)bulb

·
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...I had breakfast in a booth next to a couple of LAPD this morning.....She was hot.....Him not so much.......They said they were late to breakfast because they had a call......I told them I made that call so I could get a better booth....Hottie said,...."So it's your fault".....I said yeah.......Guess we won't be movin in together???...:)bulb
I had a few Mai Tais with one un-named LAPD Sergent this afternoon lunch that worked the "event".
Say's the Jackson Coffin was empty.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Smooth Willie........................:D

·
WHTBRD
94 Posts
Reg Numbers

Desert Storm - been on my boat for 8 years. Officers in Thompson Bay could not see so well that day. They are 3 inches but I told them they could break out a ruler if they like. Story of my life... :D

·
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Desert Storm - been on my boat for 8 years. Officers in Thompson Bay could not see so well that day. They are 3 inches but I told them they could break out a ruler if they like. Story of my life... :D
Pulled over for mufflers over the 4th idling through the gorge... Thankfully only received a warning. Regardless pretty shity warning...

So what actions, if any, will you guys take?

·
Registered
109 Posts
My theory for this year is if I see them I am heading the other way.....at WOT. The DNR used to only come to the lake that I boat on in michigan a couple times a summer......now they are out there all the time and not nearly as friendly.

Last year I was pulled over and they complained about my numbers. Yes they are on the back of the boat, but they were there when I bought it, in fact they have been there since the boat was new in the mid 80`s. If I move them to the front they would have to be placed on a nearly horizontal surface and be impossible to read unless you are right next to the boat.

I also had them ask if I had a 250 horse motor on the boat because they thought I had overpowered it. :)sphss Uhm no, its a 10' boat, I don`t even think this boat would float with a 250 on the back. what would make you think that. To which the officer pointed out that the motor said 250 on the side.....yes, its an older 25hp merc, that was the model. He said he had never heard of such a thing.

I had them telling me that my boat was a PWC. They pulled up and said it was a good thing I was wearing my life jacket, when I inquired as to why that was they said I had to wear a lifejacket when on a PWC. Uhm ok, I do wear my lifejacket when in this boat, but it is a boat, not a PWC.

The last time I saw them on the lake I was headed toward the state park....and they were pulling over a sailboat.....pulled a U turn and put the hammer down:)devil

·
Registered
154 Posts
I actually already have mufflers, but they were not on because they dont clear my retractable ladder. I just think its a joke and they are looking to pull you over for anything. 5 years ago the river was a lot different, you didn't have to worry about every little thing, you could actually go out, have a beer and relax.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts