Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how my fellow performance boater comrades feel about them..."tire kickers, [email protected]$ters, wannabes".....when it comes to selling stuff. In this case my boat.....Twice now, had peeps come by and I can tell by their bs and persona that they had no intentions to buy my boat....and when they asked me to "fire it up".... I said no....and they look at me like I'm crazy...I told one kid, with his dad, to come back when he was serious after I heard his dad tell him,"you need to sell your dirtbikes"......my actions, to me, seem I come across to them as arrogant.....and I don't like to be that way with anyone....I will not bust my motor off, ( it's a brand new build) I have all the reciepts on the front seat in a folder for the buyer to view......yes, I wanna sell/have a sale.....am I wrong in doing so.... Thanks

·
Registered
797 Posts
Just wondering how my fellow performance boater comrades feel about them..."tire kickers, [email protected]$ters, wannabes".....when it comes to selling stuff. In this case my boat.....Twice now, had peeps come by and I can tell by their bs and persona that they had no intentions to buy my boat....and when they asked me to "fire it up".... I said no....and they look at me like I'm crazy...I told one kid, with his dad, to come back when he was serious after I heard his dad tell him,"you need to sell your dirtbikes"......my actions, to me, seem I come across to them as arrogant.....and I don't like to be that way with anyone....I will not bust my motor off, ( it's a brand new build) I have all the reciepts on the front seat in a folder for the buyer to view......yes, I wanna sell/have a sale.....am I wrong in doing so.... Thanks
I think you have it right. I love when they want to "water test", it. Sure, we can water test it, after we have come to an agreement on price, then you bring the cash and meet me at the ramp. We put it in the water, I drive, so I can show you it does everything I said it would. After that, you give me the agreed amount, handle the paper work, hook it up to you truck and put it back in the water if you like.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you have it right. I love when they want to "water test", it. Sure, we can water test it, after we have come to an agreement on price, then you bring the cash and meet me at the ramp. We put it in the water, I drive, so I can show you it does everything I said it would. After that, you give me the agreed amount, handle the paper work, hook it up to you truck and put it back in the water if you like.
that would be ok with me....I'm 30 mins from my lake.....and trust me....I'll fire it off in my driveway too, but it has to be someone who truly has the funds and a appreciation for what I'm selling.......

·
Registered
265 Posts
Once I had a guy say I wont have the money for a few weeks but can we take it to the lake for a while to check it out and when I get the money ill bring it to you. Are you kidding me why would I go out of my way to drag it to the water so I can waste my fuel and time when you don't even have the money. I think your on the right track I will not even pull my stuff out of the garage let alone fire it or lake test it until the money is there. the only thing that I will do is pull the cover off the boat but that's about it.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I had a couple guys come look at mine only to tell me they needed to get a loan from the bank.....on a boat built in 87.....good luck! Had another guy tell me "I see those eliminator cruisers on performanceboats.com all the time for 7k". Lol! I guess he didn't realize I was a member.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys ......it bothered me a lil acting that way....I just don't roll that way.....thanks again for your replies....:))THumbsUp

·
DRIVE4SHOW-PUTT4$$$
647 Posts
Honestly, I wouldn't buy a boat without lake testing it 1st......my current boat purchase went done like this....called the seller to ask about the boat,which was 450 miles away in folsom ... a 1/2 mile from the lake. Worked a price out over the phone, under the condition the boat is what the seller said it was..worked on a date for a test drive....Jumped on a plane with my son and a $1000.00 in my pocket....test drove the boat....gave the seller $1000.00 for a deposit....,flew back.... a week later, drove up in the truck with my wife and the rest of the cash.....hooked up and drove home !!! EASY SQUEEEZY :))THumbsUp Don't waste my time and I wont waste your time !!!! That's how I roll

·
Registered
145 Posts
tire kickers

I love selling my stuff i enjoy the the back and forth of the deal send me your pics i will sell your boat for you pay me 10%

I wont send you tire kickers only qualified buyers i like the game

·
Registered
673 Posts
Ill trade ya a built yamaha blaster and a new longboard for your item? I also have a large "magic the gathering" collection I would be willing to swap for your item also.

Just let me know! Kthnx!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ill trade ya a built yamaha blaster and a new longboard for your item? I also have a large "magic the gathering" collection I would be willing to swap for your item also.

Just let me know! Kthnx!
City Slicker here.....no need for a atv....thanks anyway....I'll bump it again on the boats for sale tomorrow.....so far just CL hits...no interest from the forum peeps.....happy weekend guys.....Dewey

·
Registered
61 Posts
Tire Kicker

I'm in the market for a used car for my 16 year old son. We looked at our 1st two cars one a 2005 Mustang yesterday and today a 2003 Mini Cooper. By the looks of it I'm going to be a tire kicker till I find something worth buying. Until then my Son will get a good lesson on what to look for when buying a used car...

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm in the market for a used car for my 16 year old son. We looked at our 1st two cars one a 2005 Mustang yesterday and today a 2003 Mini Cooper. By the looks of it I'm going to be a tire kicker till I find something worth buying. Until then my Son will get a good lesson on what to look for when buying a used car...
I hear ya, sold a 95 Chevy Silverado not too long ago....my pics were current, guy called and said .... " dude, that truck looks nice, how old are the pics?" I said, yesterday's pics..... He said he looked at 6 trucks and they were shitpiles....frames rusted out, leakers, junk....he even drove by some, didn't get out to even look at them.....said most sellers lied about their ads....he came by, I guessing with low expectations, he was pleasantly surprised, my ad was spot on, shook my hand, gave me 200 dollars more than my asking price.....prolly the best sell I ever did!!!!!! Honesty pays off I'll assume...

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
City Slicker here.....no need for a atv....thanks anyway....I'll bump it again on the boats for sale tomorrow.....so far just CL hits...no interest from the forum peeps.....happy weekend guys.....Dewey
I think you are right...

The tire kickers are why I typically dont sell stuff, its annoying...

Follow your gut feeling on the way they present themself, the questions they ask... AND if they have to borrow the $$$ from daddy or "when they get the settlement" DONT fire it off...

Nothing wrong with handling the situation that way at all sir... IMHO... :thumb:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Done Kickin Tires

I finally found a car as advertised. I took her out for a test ride and you guessed it, all the blood rushed out of my Son's head. After the test drive we talked price as my Son (blood rushing back into his head) stood by nervous as can be. The seller didn't want to budge on his price nor did I as I was just starting to leave the seller agreed to meet me half way on my offer. I went to the bank and the rest is history. I guess the moral to my story is don't send me on a wild goose chase and I won't kick your tires....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Your right....."my story". My story, peeps with no intentions on buying....and wanting me to bust off my motor, just so they can video it to show whoever.....plz...don't waste my time. By the way, good looking car,your boy should be proud. My first car....4 door 64 Impala 283 V8....

·
Willow Valley / Palmdale
562 Posts
When I bought my used boat I told the guy lets agree on a price. I will give you 100 bucks to test drive it. If I buy it take the 100 bucks on the price. If I do not buy it I am out the 100 bucks.

It worked.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When I bought my used boat I told the guy lets agree on a price. I will give you 100 bucks to test drive it. If I buy it take the 100 bucks on the price. If I do not buy it I am out the 100 bucks.

It worked.
that sounds fair....with the price of gas, his tow vehicle, his time....works for me....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts