Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a video when I take off. You can hear I have to feather the throttle some to keep from getting that tire spin feel. Is there anything you notice on take off that could help. I smoothed out the intake. Replaced o-ring on the clean out and changed the packings on the shaft. I have the ride plate adjusted to even with the keel. I am only running a rock grate, no loader.
I still have a little tire spin fel if I don't feather the throttle on take off.

Thanks
Brian

This is the link right to the video-
Facebook

·
Registered
975 Posts
If you have a worn out wear ring, you may be experiencing blow by.

·
Registered
542 Posts
At take off your jet needs to be lower. Drop that thing all the way down, roll on the gas, then bring it up as you get going. You're gonna have to feel it. :thumb:

·
Registered
987 Posts
That pump most likely has some clearances issues with wear ring and impeller , When it cavitates on take off that's the symptom of a loose pump

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
I have to disagree with you BP. The OP will see at least 2 ounces of difference :wink2:

I know there are other issues there :shock:
if at the hit, the bow was rising to the degree the intake was uncovered at all, it would make a difference. i'm not seeing that. boat is still buried when he's pedaling the thing. pump needs some work, as well as an inducer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts