Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, been lurking on here for a while, and a buddy and me are going to take a trip to Havasu in August.

Do my boating on Lake Mead, so know next to nothing about the river, so I have a question you guys might be able to help with.

Where is the best place to launch? (2 wheel drive expedition, so from what I've read, Site 6 is a No) I don't mind paying to launch if it's less crazy, and it's an easy launch.

If any of you see me out on Mead, since I've seen a few boat there, say Hi.:D

Here's a pic of my little ride on lake mead last week...

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

· The HMFIC
1,711 Posts
i launch at the havasu marina. if you stay at the nautical they have a private launch havasu marina 7 lane ramp but slightly narrower than you would think. some others here swear by windsor. windsor fills up quick. the marina get very congested in the evening those are the only 2 places i like or care for.

· Registered
377 Posts
Where are you staying? I like Windsor. I buy a season pass every year. The other place that has a ramp but I thinks its private for people staying is Crazy Horse. It looks like its a nice ramp. I towed in a boat that broke down and it looked really nice.

· Registered
543 Posts
I would say Havasu Marina hands down... My sister use to launch a Lavey 27.5 there with a 2wd Expedition. Not only is there no havoc at night trying to get off the ramp, but they have courtesy shuttles to help you on the long walk... and is pretty darn flat!! With your boat, I would say save all the headaches, go to the center of town, and launch at the main marina... $15.00 on the weekends, $10.00 on the weekdays!!

· Registered
404 Posts
for the first time going out, I think the Marina is a good choice. Easy to get in and out of and located in the heart of town. It's in front of a LARGE 5mph area to give you a chance to get your bearings for a new place. To the north is the channel, the south Thompson bay. 5 minute drive out of the buoys to the north will put you at copper canyon (west side). enjoy your trip

· C Ya on da lake
6,831 Posts
the marina is easy, there is a store and a gas dock too. $10/per day $15 on weekends and holidays. you can buy a 3day pass and save 5 bucks, however 3 day passes are only for fri, sat & sun.

windsor is easy during the week but I hate that place on any weekend during the summer time.

Hope you have a great visit!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.