Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
long standing member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking at the 2009 infiniti fx35 for my wife , the problem is I cant figure out if it is better to lease or buy . She only drives maybe 10,000 mi a year . Does anyone know a dealer I wont get screwed around by ? I remember somebody on here saying something about paying the whole lease up front. Also I may have a 2002 4x4 excursion leather w/ 70,000 mi on it for sale soon if I can work this out . thanks for any help

·
Will work for Boat
790 Posts
A factory subsidized lease is often your best bet, because the MFR is throwing money into the deal.

Easy thing about them is, the deal is the deal. There's no haggling, it's all up front. The offer is very specific.

Here's the factory lease deal for the FX...good but not great:
http://www.infinitiusa.com/current-offers/index.html?vehicle=fx

You need to do the math and see if low APR deals they are offering make sense for you. 0% for 36 months, and 2.9% for up to 72 months, are pretty good, too.

·
Registered
71 Posts
buy it!we just turned one in and it was perfect but we had to buy tires because of there requirments,so we had to go buy tires to give to them
i feel a lease is just renting a car

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Lease is only good if you can write it off. Other wise you are just renting, you still have nothing in the end for the $$ spent.

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Lease is only good if you can write it off. Other wise you are just renting, you still have nothing in the end for the $$ spent.

Which is essentially what your doing when you buy. The difference being that when you buy, you're actually taking the it on the depreciation and milegage not the dealer (if you sell it in 5 years).

Fact of the matter, a new car is a lose-lose. If you don't want the car long-term, lease it. If you want to keep it 10 years, buy it.

·
Manufacturer
552 Posts
Buy AMERICAN!!!

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
We have leased the last two times for my wife and it is expensive. The reason we lease is because our needs are changing quickly and because we can afford it. It is a luxury, plain and simple.

Leases are much more complicated than they appear and dealers do a very good job of obfuscating the detials of the transaction. That is why the terms differ so much between dealers.

That being said, I will likely buy my next vehicle and lease hers.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Which is essentially what your doing when you buy. The difference being that when you buy, you're actually taking the it on the depreciation and milegage not the dealer (if you sell it in 5 years).

Fact of the matter, a new car is a lose-lose. If you don't want the car long-term, lease it. If you want to keep it 10 years, buy it.

When you buy you have a auto, when you lease you have nothing. It's that simple.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
90% of leases are consummated for the sole purpose of getting more car for the same payment. They are a losing proposition unless you are the lessor. The lessee never wins unless his income is such that a write-off can tip him over some magical tax bracket and then he's still using the write-off to pretend he's doing the right thing.

I only drive what I can pay cash for and I've not purchased a brand new vehicle for some time. We have nice enough stuff and being paid for makes it even nicer!

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
Funny, I was thinking the same thing... hmmm

Hear that folks, our senior member Jet-Daytona thinks buying American is a joke... Hmmmm... :)sphss

I was telling him to get back to posting in the joke thread.

Since you did not understand that try to read again and plug in silent idea.

Just fun

Never fails someone talking SH*T before knowing the details seems as usual in here any more.

Do you get it now? :|err

·
Canatard
3,341 Posts
I only drive what I can pay cash for and I've not purchased a brand new vehicle for some time.
What a looser. You're probably driving around with a factory sound system, original paint, stock suspension height, and the wheels that were on the car when it came from the dealer. My gawd, all kinds of wrong with your post. :D

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
What a looser. You're probably driving around with a factory sound system, original paint, stock suspension height, and the wheels that were on the car when it came from the dealer. My gawd, all kinds of wrong with your post. :D
All of that's not bad if your rollin in a Mustang GT... Or a F150 FX4... :D

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
I was telling him to get back to posting in the joke thread.

Since you did not understand that try to read again and plug in silent idea.

Just fun

Never fails someone talking SH*T before knowing the details seems as usual in here any more.

Do you get it now? :|err
I digress, I made a mistake... Sorry...

Now just tell MSKM to BUY American and we will be square... :)hand

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
You've got my number! Completely stock! I'm boring that way!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts