Performance Boats Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
No buff yet, that is just water but have my guy coming over to get a clue on what will she need to bring back. That headliner material is not there so I guess didn't hold up.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Looks good Andy. Appears your replicating the original interior layout? That boat did have a pretty spacious cockpit. Did it still have the "ski locker box" under the deck lid at the transom? Or did it get tossed before you got it? Maybe the different t.t. headers took up that space. If I recall correctly the interior in that boat was done by A-1 Canvas (Eric) back then. I think all the rest went to a well known shop in Riverside, I think it was called Strattons? Eric had good quality work but he could never seem to deliver a boat in a reasonable amount of time. I remember it got pretty tense as to wether it was going to make it to the Anaheim boat show or not and space deposits were paid and non-refundable. Tom was funding/building this venture out of the family budget, as often happens in start ups, so there was no room for errors by flakey interior guys. I was friends with Eric and referred Tom to him so I had a small accountability in it. Fortunately it all worked out. Who's going to cover the woodwork for you? Will you use the same color scheme or change it up a bit? I'm looking forward to seeing the progress.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Little more progress

Hey Warren, No transom ski locker. Actually she had a doghouse style engine cover with some deck like upholstered pads to L&R. I'm changing the layout to a little more modern type. So here is my question, should I make a scoop type intake on top of engine cover? Currently there are no holes on the hull for vents for fresh air or exhaust air. I could cut the holes but somewhat indecisive.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
back to work!!!

So it's been awhile but going to finish her before summer end. Since the engine and interior are out.....time for some trailer attention. Going to squirt today if all goes well.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Looks good all polished up. Did you color sand and buff or were you able to get away with a compound and buff? Either way it looks great. Curious, how's the white head liner looking/holding up under the deck? If I recall correctly it was smooth material (as opposed to furry, typically used at that time) on foam backer. Plush more like an auto headliner.
Been a long time, thought I would share.
tomrowland.jpg

21 - 28 of 28 Posts