Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tony just called me and wanted me to update everyone on his 21....

Yesterday on his first pass 2 Dexter he ran 8.80 @ 129!!! This was on the pump gas tune up and the nitrous side is way fat on the fuel and bottle pressure was down, he also had buck cherry playing on his speakers while he was on the rope!! On his second pass the boat died at the top end and he ran 9.01 @ 124 and change, when he tried to fire it again it turned a little slower than normal so he checked the engine compartment and it was full of oil.... What had happened was where the canton oil filter adapter bolts to the block broke causing it to fall off and the engine pumping out all the oil. It was the only stock piece left on his new engine, a damn $5 part.

He is pretty sure it will just need a polish on the crank and a set of new bearings, it will be up and running by next weekend and he is planing on attending the next race to really get this 21 dialed in!! There was a few rumors going around that he burned up his engine so we just wanted to clear that up for everyone that its not.

Huge congrats Tony, that boat is a heavy best with everything a 21 could have in or on it!! Look for that 8.80 to improve at the next race everyone.

p.s. This is a 1/4 mile track not 1000 feet.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tony said he will be on the water by next weekend, no problem!! A 21 that has a bitchen sterio system in it, carries 5 adults, swim steps, lightning headers, runs on pump gas and first pass runs 8.80's...... Is there really any other boat to own?? :) :) I bet when Tony gets the hardwear and the tune up on that boat right where he wants it we should see some low 8.70 passes if not some in the 8.60 range!! Then he could always change pulleys, up the nitrous and pour in some good race fuel and really dip that bitch in the 8's!!!

You the man Tony!!!

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
im not an engine guy....but what else do you call running an engine out of oil these days?....running a little boat at those speeds is impressive let alone a 21'!
Congrats!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not an engine guy....but what else do you call running an engine out of oil these days?....running a little boat at those speeds is impressive let alone a 21'!
Congrats!
Burning it up to us would be melting a few pistons, kicking the head gaskets and torching the heads/block, kicking rod's, etc.... Just a polish or even a slight turn on the crank and a few bearings is just a few hours work in the shop one night. Thanks for the kind words, Tony has been hard at it with his 21 using it as a test mule and it sure is paying off!!

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
That's real impressive. Seems like 80% of the performance reports always are "on a soft tune" :D

Did he race it on pump gas or is it just capable of running pump gas ?

·
Registered
987 Posts
thanks for the update...great job on that first pass Tony:)devilthats pretty damn impressive for a lake boat

·
Registered
417 Posts
That's real impressive. Seems like 80% of the performance reports always are "on a soft tune" :D

both passes where on pump gas 92 oct

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

I hear ya on that but it honestly was well on the safe side, could have taken lots of fuel away from the engine and the nitrous if he wanted to!! He will have it togeather and back out for more testing by next weekend, I see this 21 in the 8.6 range when he has it all dialed in!! And yes this was all done on 92oct pump gas!!

Not to bad for a heavy ass, stuck in the mud,roots jet boat on junk 92 fuel......

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Tony just called me and wanted me to update everyone on his 21....

Yesterday on his first pass 2 Dexter he ran 8.80 @ 129!!! This was on the pump gas tune up and the nitrous side is way fat on the fuel and bottle pressure was down, he also had buck cherry playing on his speakers while he was on the rope!! On his second pass the boat died at the top end and he ran 9.01 @ 124 and change, when he tried to fire it again it turned a little slower than normal so he checked the engine compartment and it was full of oil.... What had happened was where the canton oil filter adapter bolts to the block broke causing it to fall off and the engine pumping out all the oil. It was the only stock piece left on his new engine, a damn $5 part.

He is pretty sure it will just need a polish on the crank and a set of new bearings, it will be up and running by next weekend and he is planing on attending the next race to really get this 21 dialed in!! There was a few rumors going around that he burned up his engine so we just wanted to clear that up for everyone that its not.

Huge congrats Tony, that boat is a heavy best with everything a 21 could have in or on it!! Look for that 8.80 to improve at the next race everyone.

p.s. This is a 1/4 mile track not 1000 feet.
Is this the adapter in question? www.cantonracingproducts.com - 22-570 - SBC & BBC OIL BYPASS ELIMINATOR I just installed this same one and was questioning the stainless bolts it came with. I think I'll go swap them out with some grade 8's.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Thanks guys,I had a blast with all the guys from the CDBA and can't thank them enough for letting us come down and run with them. I plan to come back and run with them in july and get it dialed in.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hey Chris, the motor made peak power at 6500 on motor and 6200 on the bottle,Im running a 9.5 HH and spinning it 6k on the motor and 6500 on spray. So far the impellor works well getting my big barge up and moving. My 660 time was 5.010,which I think is fair considering the boat is in full lake trim,fiberglass swimsteps,full interior,lightning headers ,oil cooler,stereo amps ect. I was happy with it for the first pass down the track and hope to improve.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
5.01 with an 8.80 tells me that thing was trucking on the back half of the track, get that half track down and the et will really go down. Good job keep it up!

·
NW Boater
121 Posts
i have seen that boat no doubt about the full interior and stereo more interior panels than most boats have its a real looker ..
and a mover ....very very nice boat

1 - 20 of 26 Posts