Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shop online a lot and I really have no need for the catalogs that they also send me. Our mailbox is stuffed with 5-10 PER DAY!

I did a little research and found a website that was put together for the residents of San Francisco to help minimize these unnecessary mailings. Anyone anywhere can use the site. It's really easy to do!

www.catalogchoice.org

I tear off the back address page and keep a stack of them and put the info in every week or so on my profile. I just finally did it today, so I'll let you know how it goes.

I sure hope some of these crappy things don't get sent out anymore.

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
I'll have to try it. Same thing here. I shop online a lot because I hate traffic and the mall and big box stores. Victoria's Secret sends out about 1 a week! Is that really necessary? They all have the same things in them. I'm sure you guys don't mind, but I just think of the waste of paper and extra trash. Plus, if they didn't send out 50 catalogs a year, maybe they could lower the price of their bras by a couple bucks! One social studies catalog sends me the same catalog both at home and work. I've been trying to reduce the amount of waste I create, and I've become much more aware this past year, so this is really starting to grate on me.

Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE:

I have to say we are getting less catalogs daily. The ones we do get are the ones that we order from regularly and now we get 1 instead of 2.

Not a bad find! :D

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
I just box up anything I get shopping related and ship it all to Dia-saster. :D:)devil

jordy <----going the extra mile to support the economy. :D

·
Nordic 35' Flame
529 Posts
My mailbox is stuffed almost daily with Rex Marine catalogs...funny thing is, everyone I talk to says they never even got one:)devil

1 - 12 of 12 Posts