Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
just a member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks back there was a thread on an F-150 with a bad freeway bounce and shippingguy said that these Sulastic Rubber Springs might help. I too have this issue with my 2007 Dodge 2500 4x4 MegaCab with a 5" lift and 37" tires. My fiancé hates the jarring bounce and it was so bad last weekend driving from Corona on the 15 and the 10 up to the I-5 that I got pretty concerned about my infant son in the back seat.

Last night I got my Sulastic Rubber Springs installed by a buddy and my drive home from work was very smooth. I'd say that it took 75%+ of the bounce out of the rear of the truck. The ride was MUCH nicer. No jarring. I’m looking forward to trying these out on the 10 and 15 in SoCal now.

These springs area direct replacement for the rear shackles. Basically, they extend the pivot point out an additional 4 inches or so and provide some additional flex.

Install time would normally be less than 30 minutes for an experienced mechanical person. My only complaint with these springs is that they came with the wrong size spacers for install, so we had to grind down the spacers and that took an extra hour or so as we didn't have any others of the right size handy.

Here is their website. I paid $360.50 including shipping, plus $100 for install (it was going to be $50, but it took an extra hour because of the wrong spacers). Seeing that I intend to keep my truck for many years, I think this was well worth the investment. Plus, I'm sure my fiancé and son will greatly appreciate it.

www.sulastic.com

·
Hangin' with Kobayashi
489 Posts
Those are very similar to the Velvet Ride shackles I installed on my 04 Chevy 2500HD a while back. They seemed to take out the jarring, but you still had the incidental ups and downs - especially through Beaumont on the 10 freeway.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Those are very similar to the Velvet Ride shackles I installed on my 04 Chevy 2500HD a while back. They seemed to take out the jarring, but you still had the incidental ups and downs - especially through Beaumont on 10 freeway.
I always stay in the right 2 lanes on that streach. No bounce like the other lanes.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
What do these springs/shackles do to the load carrying capacity of your truck ? Sounds like they work pretty good. I have been considering a set of these.

Steve

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
A hell of an invention.

2 stage coil aka dbbl springs springs are starting to make it to the marketplace and they soak up the washboard too.

·
just a member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Would these work on a 12" lift?
what about on a new body style 2500HD

I have no clue. I'm not selling these. I just bought them and had them installed and have enjoyed the improved ride. check out their website and give them a call:

www.sulastic.com

by the way, Crystal rode in the truck yesterday and also sees the improvement. There is still some bounce on the concrete freeway here in Sac, but it is much improved.

·
Registered
526 Posts
East & west bound 10 fwy Beaumont Banning area are the worst in the state, so they spend Millions on a center devider but leave the same sh** road makes no sence.
After reading this post this product is a must.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
I bought a set of these based on john's recomendation and have to say I am not impressed. While they did take the "sharpness" out of the wasboard bounce, they did not eliminate it. In my case, we have a F-350 CC long bed so it may be different on a Dodge, Chevy or something with a shorter wheel base.

·
It is what it is
2,650 Posts
Those are very similar to the Velvet Ride shackles I installed on my 04 Chevy 2500HD a while back. They seemed to take out the jarring, but you still had the incidental ups and downs - especially through Beaumont on the 10 freeway.
Velvet Ride has been around for a long time. I used a set on a lowered dually I had 10 years ago, made a huge difference.

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
Velvet Ride has been around for a long time. I used a set on a lowered dually I had 10 years ago, made a huge difference.
Didn't Velvet Ride sell the idea and product to another company and I think it got re-sold again and has changed it's name several times over the past few years?

it was orig sold by GoodYear I believe.

Excellent product.

·
just a member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just added a set of air bags to the rear of the truck and it seems to have also helped some more. Driving up to NorCal tomorrow (not towing this time), so we'll get a full test in.

·
It is what it is
2,650 Posts
Didn't Velvet Ride sell the idea and product to another company and I think it got re-sold again and has changed it's name several times over the past few years?

it was orig sold by GoodYear I believe.

Excellent product.
I honestly had looked for some a few years back and couldn't find them anywhere on the internet. So maybe you're right, maybe they were called something else for a while and then came back. I was surprised when someone had a link to them here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts