Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have the 85 Eliminator Daytona I bought last Oct together and running. Whats the best way to quiet over transom Bassets. It sounds great but I would like my son to be able to hear. Does anyone have any experience with the Basset inserts or have a set for sale?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
thats bout as quiet as yer gonna get them. Are you running them dry or wet? If its too loud you may want to consider through the transoms...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats bout as quiet as yer gonna get them. Are you running them dry or wet? If its too loud you may want to consider through the transoms...
I will be running them wet. I'd hate put holes inthe transom, or buy headers. I havent had it to the lake yet and I am on call next weekend so I have to wait two weeks to find out how much quieter the water will make them. thanks

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
If you haven't had the water go through it you may change your mind at how loud it is once its on the lake and water is running through them. Mine are loud, but not obnoxious.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you haven't had the water go through it you may change your mind at how loud it is once its on the lake and water is running through them. Mine are loud, but not obnoxious.
Sounds like I'll just have to wait to get it in the lake before I spend any money. Thanks for the replies.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
I don't know, I just have really good hearing and want to keep it that way. I always have my wife and seven year old in the boat
Spend $3500 on Thru Transoms then.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
:))eek:)):))eek:)):))eek:)):))eek:)):))eek:))

That's for water jacketed, right?

Injected Bassett thru transoms are about $1100.
Yep thats about how much a set of water jacketed headers go for, TT bassets are about as loud as OT bassets, except when the boat is off of plane.

~Brian

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Remind your seven year old that them pipes get HOT. Then get yourselves some earplugs and have fun all Summer. Not like you gunna be conversing when powering on the lake... But if you can afford the lightings , good luck. Congrates on the Daytona

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Remind your seven year old that them pipes get HOT. Then get yourselves some earplugs and have fun all Summer. Not like you gunna be conversing when powering on the lake... But if you can afford the lightings , good luck. Congrates on the Daytona
Thanks, I took it to an informal car show last weekend and It got more attention than most of the cars. I've joked with my wife about the ear plugs and luke already got a feel for the headers.

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
I started a new thread today, were getting quite a few 21 owners posting on here
so I figured we could share so info in one place.

looking forward to hearing how yours runs out, is this your first experience with a tunnel?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I started a new thread today, were getting quite a few 21 owners posting on here
so I figured we could share so info in one place.

looking forward to hearing how yours runs out, is this your first experience with a tunnel?
Yes this is my first tunnel. The entire pump set up was done by h-tech so it should work well I hope. I am just seariously lacking Hp at only 500. I just finsihed installing engine,replumbing, making seat brackets and cleaning up the wiring- re-routing ect. It looks great so I need to get some pics posted. The boat is really hard not to stare at. I'm up here in Colorado Springs so not many lakes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts