Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Prolly de icer to keep butterflys from freezing up.

That makes sense, i think i remember the announcer say somthing about keeping them freezing but they didnt go into any detail. I assume if they freeze they would be stuck open and thats the main reason why they dont want them to freeze?

·
Gone
1,824 Posts
Ice formation.....aka freezing. Alky is cold....hat gets ice cold.

You really need to throw the gas can away and come over to this shit. Then go find a wall to bang your head on while screaming at the top of your lungs "Why did I fool with gas so long? What is so hard about this?"
LOL

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Yeah, I understand that. But I also noticed that is wasn't frost up near the butterfly. The whole thing is upstream of the injectors. I can see how the hat might get cold, but freeze the butterflies? And it sure as hell can happen with the thing at speed. Way too much air entering, way to fast for it to freeze. This doesn't seem to be a problem with stack injectors on alky, and the butterflies are way closer to the injector. We get actual white frost on the carb adaptors in every race. But it has never come close to freezing the shaft. I never seen anything shot into the hat except to start it. I can't believe its a de- icer

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Ice formation.....aka freezing. Alky is cold....hat gets ice cold.

You really need to throw the gas can away and come over to this shit. Then go find a wall to bang your head on while screaming at the top of your lungs "Why did I fool with gas so long? What is so hard about this?"
LOL
Oh, you should see me now. Banging my head on the wall screaming RULES, mutha f'ing rules. Of course, the boat would look stupid towing a fuel barge around the track to carry enough fuel to finish:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
I take it, it is more of an idleing thing. never seen this in Alky Funny. Maybe you need a Big N Ugly:D
Hey, what the heck do you know about freezing anything?
Sheesh.:)sphss

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
Pal, I have frozen satellites down to -321 and back up 350+ Ever seen the shrinkage caused by -321. Looks like turtle with his pulled in:D

In fact I may be up that way at P.A. Lockeed, doing it again in the next month or two. I'll let you know. You buy me dinner
I'll buy you a frozen dinner.:D

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Yeah, I understand that. But I also noticed that is wasn't frost up near the butterfly. The whole thing is upstream of the injectors. I can see how the hat might get cold, but freeze the butterflies? And it sure as hell can happen with the thing at speed. Way too much air entering, way to fast for it to freeze. This doesn't seem to be a problem with stack injectors on alky, and the butterflies are way closer to the injector. We get actual white frost on the carb adaptors in every race. But it has never come close to freezing the shaft. I never seen anything shot into the hat except to start it. I can't believe its a de- icer
You have to make power for this to happen Bob. Just sayin.:D:)hand

·
LAID IN MEXICO
750 Posts
pick up

Pal, I have frozen satellites down to -321 and back up 350+ Ever seen the shrinkage caused by -321. Looks like turtle with his pulled in:D

In fact I may be up that way at P.A. Lockeed, doing it again in the next month or two. I'll let you know. You buy me dinner

and you can pick up those heads your buying from me while your here:D

1 - 20 of 71 Posts