Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Carlson Challenger...tunnel hull v-drive w/ BBF 460
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tunnel hull w/ 460 bbf and it has a top loader casale v-drive. It worked ok for a while but was put in and out of gear while running and destroyed the shift dogs. I'm mechanically inclined but not familiar with v-drives. I opened the shift box and appears to be a 2 dog because there are 2 male features on the gear and 2 female features where the two lock together to put it "in-gear". Also, the shift fork is worn considerably and moves or turns a little bit in the shaft that the shift handle attaches to. I dont know if is supposed to move like it is or if it should have no play at all. If someone could help me with locating the parts I need and some instructions on how to replace them that would be awesome. I havn't got to9 run my boat at all this season and its almost over. I am also open to replacing with a newer model that would swap out easily f someone has one to sell. got about $1000 to work with. Thanks so much, Sean Moore, Payson AZ.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Give me a call tomorrow I can help Beaverfab 254-854-2083
I just checked out your website, looks like you got everything I need, at good prices to....

·
Registered
555 Posts
Sorry after talking to you and looking at the pictures you sent I have no dog or shaft to match. Thanks for giving me a chance. JJ

·
Registered
19,958 Posts
why where u not puting it n gear then starting.....i have a top loader i just sold for $150 n great shape also my blown hydro has a top loader i start it warm uo shut off put in gear and start it back up to go....let me see if i can locate another complete box.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
why where u not puting it n gear then starting.....i have a top loader i just sold for $150 n great shape also my blown hydro has a top loader i start it warm uo shut off put in gear and start it back up to go....let me see if i can locate another complete box.....
When I first got this v-drive I was mis-informed on how to put it in and out of gear and now I'm paying for it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got done fixing motor mounts, starter and battery problems, trailer issues (lost wheels off the trailer). have not had any time on the water this year so far. I'm bummed and frustrated. boat and trailer was poorly maintained by previous owner and everything that could go wrong has.

·
Registered
19,958 Posts
found you 3 in one place in az text me and i will give u his number 951 870 69ten

1 - 10 of 10 Posts