Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm posting for a friend and he has a Careers Eagle 20.5' open bow jet. We are not able to run it right now due to freezing temperatures but are curious how fast it will run. The boat has a 712 horsepower 496 with a american turbine pump with a an aggressor impeller with a loader and ride plate. So maybe you can give him some input. He does check the forum but still is a newby and doesn't understand how to post.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I'm posting for a friend and he has a Careers Eagle 20.5' open bow jet. We are not able to run it right now due to freezing temperatures but are curious how fast it will run. The boat has a 712 horsepower 496 with a american turbine pump with a an aggressor impeller with a loader and ride plate. So maybe you can give him some input. He does check the forum but still is a newby and doesn't understand how to post.
It has a AB impeller sorry dang spell check on my phone.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
My Caliber 1 had a 330 hp 350, almost identical hull. Ran a bit over 60. With 700 hp I would guess 75-80 mph if all is working good and set up. These can be very heavy. Mine rigged was over 4000.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I'm going with the low 60's crowed. HP can't fix a hull set up incorrectly, and that's a fair size boat in the jet world.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gotta be faster than that, if the motor is really producing 700+ hp. My 23' Glastron/Carlson CV23 will run low/mid 50s with a stock 429 (360hp) and Berk JE/A.
It did dyno at 712 so I guess were gonna have to go freeze to find out lol.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Carrera Eagle

454 With what they call the Magnum approx. 390 to 400 hp with the same setup will run between 62 to 65 mph, light load of fuel and 2 people in the boat. This boat has a tendencey to porpoise at crusing speeds and Carrera would install a Step and Trim plate that would eliminate the porpoise but would hurt top speed, if you have them on this boat make sure you have them in the up position for good results. If your dyno numbers are correct I see no reason that this combination should run into the 80's

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
Well my brothers first jet boat 2yrs ago was carrera eclipse, it had a , 502-502 deal, also had a AT pump, droop, ride plate, HPD, and not sure on the impeller size but it was a fucked up andnanaluminum deal, boat had full interior, heavy boat, yadda yadda, but when we gps's it, it sure impressed the shit out of me! 71.2!!!!!!:signhuh:, yea that's what I thought!

This guys carrera is going to do 70 at least if it really has 750hp.
That's my thought.

·
Registered
656 Posts
<----My Carrera does 78mph. It is also an Eclipse with a 625-650 horse 496 turning a berk J/G 5500RPM with an A impy and full interior.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts