Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
OBC Gestapo
1,221 Posts
Gary I think the know Wakestone is great for weekends and holidays but on a Thursday or in the winter it's ridiculous. Who is in the gorge at 6 o'clock in the morning that cares if you rip through at 90mph ???

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I know 10 years ago it was nice even though it was not a no wake zone yet.But as more discovered the upper river it continued to get worse.Have seen quite a few get cut off pretty good there where a speeding boat would fly right in front of another without letting off the throttle.

Glad too it became a no wake zone myself.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Gary I think the know Wakestone is great for weekends and holidays but on a Thursday or in the winter it's ridiculous. Who is in the gorge at 6 o'clock in the morning that cares if you rip through at 90mph ???
You have a very valid point there Paul...BLM could easily adjust the zone to the seasons.
Hell, ain't NOBODY around there ('cept you and War Canoe) at 6a on a Thursday in December...just go for it...:D

·
mud slinger
2,012 Posts
I remember Memorial 08' and we got caught in a thunder storm when we were at Topac. After a couple hours watching it rain we said F it and ran back in the rain and there was only one other boat on the water and he was running back. We both slowed down and I said to myself " screw this I'm going". I looked over and he took off also.
I agree this should be wake in summer on the weekends only.

·
Bass Lake Dream'n
3,082 Posts
3 years I tried to get that beach. That is the best spot on the river. Kids can play in the shallows, catch bass in the lagoon....perfection. I finally got it last June, we stayed all day, and thank god for the no wake zone. The water was nothing like that.

·
Team CJ460
2,191 Posts
I remember Memorial 08' and we got caught in a thunder storm when we were at Topac. After a couple hours watching it rain we said F it and ran back in the rain and there was only one other boat on the water and he was running back. We both slowed down and I said to myself " screw this I'm going". I looked over and he took off also.
I agree this should be wake in summer on the weekends only.
what you talking about willis:)grn:happy:

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Video updated...!!!

I found a bunch of 8mm tapes in storage and was able to convert and re-edit the original video.
The youtube link at the top of the thread has been updated...:cool:

We now visit that beach mid-week...:D

·
Can't re-Member
1,990 Posts
So the guy in the video parks his boat on the beach, in the narrowest part of the river, on a weekend, and then complains about the other boats going by...:rolleyes: What, is he special? should no one else be on the water when he is? Should all boat traffic stop because this guy is on the water?? :stir::stir:

Wait till the PC bunch get ahold of this thread.. more ammunition for them :))THumbsUp they'll be able to snivel and complain for days :cool::stir::stir:

·
Bass Lake Dream'n
3,082 Posts
I think the point of the OP is the traffic, not the waves on the beach. It's so narrow and gets so choppy that most boats have to slow down to handle the waves. Then the big boats come through without needing or wanting to slow down, they in turn start passing the small boats. Sooner or later you get a head-on collision. Which is exactly what happened to some friends of mine. Big boat hits small boat, both boats sink, 2 of my friends get medivac'd out and no charges are filled against either party.

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
Finally fould this little clip from back in the 200x, before the no-wake zone.
Glad they finally made the change as it was both damaging and dangerous out there, especially on a Saturday like this...:)hammers

Topock Gorge - August 2005 - YouTube

Is that what the call Devils Elbow ? I always remember running through there in previous years and thought abut what it would be like with no traffic.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts