Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, forgive me for being new.... I have a BBC, with a flywheel, and a Dominator MB-12S pump. I have no idea how I am supposed to hookup the flywheel to the pump. There is some Spicer universal joints on the pump with a flange, with 4 holes, but that's it, I am assuming something is missing here... What do I need to hook this up? Link to where I can buy the proper stuff? Anything in particular to consider?

Pics attached, boat is parked in shade so pics are kinda dark but you can see what I have and don't have.

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,647 Posts
You need a power take off flange (pto) to fit a flexplate. Looks like a 1310, you need to measure the bolt c-c to determine for sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
thats all you need. those 4 holes in the driveshaft bolt thru the flywheel to the crank and connect it all together.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, simple enough.... I measured the bolt holes approx center to center with a caliper, diagonally they are about 3.155" vertically (short side) they are 2.5".

·
Administrator
11,647 Posts
Spicer c-c specs are at bottom of this page.

If short side is about 2 1/2 it is probably 2 3/8 and a 1350 (the larger of the two spicer patterns). If this is the case 7/16 bolts should also fit through the holes in the u-joint flange. The 1310 uses 3/8 bolts.

·
Registered
166 Posts
by the looks of the pics you posted, your driveline is missing the center section. it should have (2) U-joints in the driveline. the flex plate shown (not flywheel) will actually be much closer to the pump once you mount the engine. as mentioned allready, you will also need the PTO, which is an aluminum spacer that gets bolted to the flex plate first, then once you install the engine and have proper clearance, you slip the driveline over the pump shaft and then bolt the other end to the PTO. so what you need at this point is to mount the engine, measure the distance from the flex plate to the pump seal, then order a new PTO and driveline. have fun.

·
Administrator
11,647 Posts
Nice catch Victor, didn't even notice that.

Most pto's will be steel although there are some alum out there.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Measured it again, I get 2.0" x 2.38", so I take it most likely a 1310? Also, it only sticks out about 3.8" from the front of the pump, I see it says total length of drive line is 7.5", so that would mean there is quite a bit of it slid onto the shaft of the pump? Does that sound right?

If I wanted to just buy a whole new driveline unit and flange, how would I get the old one off? Does it have a pin somewhere? Or is it just a keyway and it just needs to be tapped off?

Thanks for all the help, trust me it will be worth it to you, I think I am going to end up buying a bunch of new stuff from you too, I decided I want a new oil pan, I see you have a nice one for $319, and I am going to also need a rail kit with plates and flywheel cover..... Lots of $$$ Also am going to need various small stainless steel items too for the rest of the boat... I wish I could find some used stuff but it goes so fast I don't have a chance!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did I get the above right?

Also I don't see the oil pans on your site, I could have sworn I saw an ad where you were selling some nice oil pans, maybe that was in your forum section, are they not in the store? Sorry for being confused, scrambling to get these parts together....

·
Administrator
11,647 Posts
Did I get the above right?

Also I don't see the oil pans on your site, I could have sworn I saw an ad where you were selling some nice oil pans, maybe that was in your forum section, are they not in the store? Sorry for being confused, scrambling to get these parts together....
Yes shrimp links are correct. DL guards are being built (in process), other parts should be in stock.

Oil pans are in mfg section, not in online store yet. Just PM me or call us with any questions. 909-592-1000

1 - 13 of 13 Posts