1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts

·
Faster, Stronger, Bionic
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
In all fairness I didn't see where they said that you could pull 5 skiers at 100 mph.

I read it as

Pull 5 skiers.

Go 100 mph. :D

Max there's something wrong with your free gas and naked boobie shots link. I didn't get any free gas or see any boobies.
If you follow that link and then click where it says "click here to give" (it's free), a beautiful naked woman will show up at your house with some gasoline...sometimes it takes several clicks though.:D

I hate to knock the guy's boat. It looks like a nice enough boat...seller just might be a little over enthusiastic about the speed and rareness of the Chevy...er..uh rare Mecury straight...er..uh V-8. All of which I think might be affecting the somewhat triple-ish BIN price.:D

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
If you follow that link and then click where it says "click here to give" (it's free), a beautiful naked woman will show up at your house with some gasoline...sometimes it takes several clicks though.:D
Okie dokie..........I'll try it again. Hopefully the free gas will soften the blow some when a naked chick rings the bell and my girlfriend answers the door.

No way in hell that thing does 100 or pulls 5 skier's, being offered by (eBay username) '2nicepeople", NOT. :|err
More like 2 naive people on ebay since it appears they're selling it for someone else.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
That's one of the funniest damn things I have read.

IF 400 hp = 100 mph in that Advantage then 935 HP = ? in a Cal. Performance ?

100 mph behind a 500 hp duelie :p

Sleeper CP :D

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
First off, you guys got the speed wrong. Seller claims it was "radared at 110" before being told by the water patrol to "get it off the lake and don't come back".

Considering it was done with a single carb, 400 hp 454 and JE pump, I feel real bad for guys like RCB19 and Fuelinmyveins. After all, this looks like the Rogers hull that Advantage had and both those guys needed considerably more motor and pump to achieve the same 100-110mph in their Rogers. Man, if only they had known it could have been done so much easier and and so much more inexpensively. :D

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
you guys really get me! read through the ad and see that you also get a pair of $80 sunglasses that will stay on your face when you're flying across the lake.....FOR FREE!

·
Registered
911 Posts
I thought this was a joke... but then I saw those bitchen shades! It must be fast if those are necessary.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That's really unfortunate. Some poor sucker is going to buy a nice enough looking boat just to find out that it is way slower than he was told.

It's a really decent 60 mph boat. Nothing to be disappointed with.

Five skiers off of that little hook. :D:D:D I'm pretty sure that my 12JE engine mounts would leave the boat, if the little hook could even hold on with that much weight.

oh well. Ebay. :D

·
no need 2 fake it.
1,702 Posts
''
The boat owner explained that the rooster tail from this boat at top speed shot out far and high (a rooster tail is a wall of water -- on this boat it is as high as 80 feet up). He related one instance where the spray was photographed by marine patrol officer, and clocked at over 110 miles per hours. His father was told at that time to remove the boat from the lake and not to return. :)
It is easy to get carried away with the power and smooth ride this high speed boat delivers. It has twin tanks -- each tank holds 25 gallons of gas. You can use any grade gas. If you are just going along at a lower cruising speed, the owner says one tank of gas will last you all day.''

man, 110mph and any grade of gas? must be nice!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Milk money, You missed the bus on this one. You HAD to get somehng that doesn'teven to tripple didgits AND uses race gas. I bet you feel stupid now. You could have had this 110 mph gem and free glasses running on pump gas all day long for a mere 14000.

I had to send an e-mail to the seller expressing my discontent with their ad and the misinformation portrayed in it. Just plain BS and people give e-bay a bad name. If you don't know, STFU and tell people you don't know and they will either bid or not.

Cy

·
310 Posts
The boat owner explained that the rooster tail from this boat at top speed shot out far and high (a rooster tail is a wall of water -- on this boat it is as high as 80 feet up). He related one instance where the spray was photographed by marine patrol officer, and clocked at over 110 miles per hours. His father was told at that time to remove the boat from the lake and not to return. :)

Pretty funny. But it only says that 'the spray' was photographed and clocked at 110mph.​

·
no need 2 fake it.
1,702 Posts
oh yah, and who the hell wants to pull 5 skiers at one time? somebody would be headless at the end of the day haha

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
I had to send an e-mail to the seller expressing my discontent with their ad and the misinformation portrayed in it. Just plain BS and people give e-bay a bad name. If you don't know, STFU and tell people you don't know and they will either bid or not.

Cy
I had the same idea......

Heres the response.....

Hi -- good afternoon, and thanks for your email.

I personally did the interview with the owner upon consigning this speed boat. Let me mention a couple things. The owner of this boat -- one of my partners at our dealership has known for many years. The owner of this boat also owned his own auto repair garage, and our dealership used his garage to repair many many of our inventory vehicles. He sold his garage last year so he could spend more time in early retirement enjoying his hobbies, the main one of which is auto racing.

That said, we had another inquiry from an eBay member that stated they had difficulty in the fact that the boat would go 100 mph. We recontacted the owner of the boat on that comment, presenting that ... the owners simple statement in reply was ... tell him to come here, and he would take that person for the boat ride of their life.

This speed boat, tops 100mph (with the right water conditions). Obviously if there is a higher chop on a day you take it out -- it can be challenging and potentially unsafe going at higher top speeds with ensuring safety first in mind. The owner also has a photo (that he is keeping) where it has him and his father (as it was his father's boat, and he bought it from his father) -- and they were clocked over 100mph and the boat photographed by Marine patrol at over 100mph. The marine patrol upon catching up with them made them leave the lake. :)

Ok, hopefully that gives you the info you need --

I would say based on the owners assurances that he will take you out and top 100mph, that would be his guarantee he will take you out when you pick it up and this speed boat will top 100mph. If you bid, best of success. Any other questions, please let us know. No question is too small. Really!

·
Cajun Member
1,436 Posts
I had the same idea......

Heres the response.....

Hi -- good afternoon, and thanks for your email.

I personally did the interview with the owner upon consigning this speed boat. Let me mention a couple things. The owner of this boat -- one of my partners at our dealership has known for many years. The owner of this boat also owned his own auto repair garage, and our dealership used his garage to repair many many of our inventory vehicles. He sold his garage last year so he could spend more time in early retirement enjoying his hobbies, the main one of which is auto racing.

That said, we had another inquiry from an eBay member that stated they had difficulty in the fact that the boat would go 100 mph. We recontacted the owner of the boat on that comment, presenting that ... the owners simple statement in reply was ... tell him to come here, and he would take that person for the boat ride of their life.

This speed boat, tops 100mph (with the right water conditions). Obviously if there is a higher chop on a day you take it out -- it can be challenging and potentially unsafe going at higher top speeds with ensuring safety first in mind. The owner also has a photo (that he is keeping) where it has him and his father (as it was his father's boat, and he bought it from his father) -- and they were clocked over 100mph and the boat photographed by Marine patrol at over 100mph. The marine patrol upon catching up with them made them leave the lake. :)

Ok, hopefully that gives you the info you need --

I would say based on the owners assurances that he will take you out and top 100mph, that would be his guarantee he will take you out when you pick it up and this speed boat will top 100mph. If you bid, best of success. Any other questions, please let us know. No question is too small. Really!
NOOOOOOooo shiat!:)st This dude's serious :|err ;)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts