Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a thread on here somewhere but I cant find it.
I need info on a custom full tow cover for a 28' howard deck boat in the havasu area. Who are the good people to call?
thanks

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HOWARD BOATS, HOWARD BOATS, HOWARD BOATS, HOWARD BOATS,:)devil
My boat did come with a cover that snaps along the rub rail but it was hard on the gel also, does not look like it was built with the softest material. Also when the current cover was made the bimini was not on so now it does not fit with the bimini laid down.
Just looking for other options/ideas. I will get ahold of Howard Custom Boats and see who makes their covers.
thanks

· HOT SAUCE HERE
726 Posts
HOWARD BOATS, HOWARD BOATS, HOWARD BOATS, HOWARD BOATS,:)devil
My boat did come with a cover that snaps along the rub rail but it was hard on the gel also, does not look like it was built with the softest material. Also when the current cover was made the bimini was not on so now it does not fit with the bimini laid down.
Just looking for other options/ideas. I will get ahold of Howard Custom Boats and see who makes their covers.
thanks
I just went through this same exercise for my DCB. I ended up going with Outdrive1 here from the boards and my cover turned out amazing. It covers the entire front, all sides and the back including the steps and drive. It is completely interlined with a super soft, no scratch material. The cover is more than I hoped for and well worth the $. I sold my old cover (which was great also) on these boards.

I will try and get some pics up soon. They have done a few since mine with the same soft liner. It was designed to be a complete 'towing' cover, yet I don't have the intentions to actually tow with it. If it can handle 70mph down a freeway, it can handle the desert wind in storage :)

I called all the big names in havasu that were recommended and they were HUGE money. I called Gene about the guy that makes Howards covers since he is very good, but you have to take your boat to him near Valencia. I didn't want to tow my boat 350 miles from Phx to have a cover made. Outdrive1 was the best value for me and he can probably arrange to bring your boat from Havasu to his Phx shop and then back - ask 2FORCEFUL.

Roln 20s

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.