Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to do a run from Sacramento down to Giustis but realized you can't get through at Walnut Grove. So now I'm considering launching at Tower Park and then running up the N Mokelumne
How far is to go from one to the other?
Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I spoke with the folks who run those cross channel gates yesterday and today since we have the Vet's Run going thru there tomorrow. We have been told they will be open until further notice and they will be open tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the gates at Walnut Grove are going to be open this coming weekend 9-18 to 9-20, or a phone number to verify? Thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
We ended up spending the weekend down there. I had never been through the gates or down the Mokulomne, what great time.
Saw a couple of nice day cruisers on Sunday. One was yellow and white, think it was a 21 Schiada, other looked liked a 24 Spectra.
We ended up running over 100 miles.

Attachments

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,962 Posts
We ended up spending the weekend down there. I had never been through the gates or down the Mokulomne, what great time.
Saw a couple of nice day cruisers on Sunday. One was yellow and white, think it was a 21 Schiada, other looked liked a 24 Spectra.
We ended up running over 100 miles.
Looks like a nice loop, Hey Bill, where are the ships? (big boats in pics)

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Looks like a nice loop, Hey Bill, where are the ships? (big boats in pics)
Not sure name of the slough but they are just down from the old herman and Helens,

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts
Not sure name of the slough but they are just down from the old herman and Helens,
Think its little connection slough.........

Thats it.... the LITTLE CONNECTION SLOUGH by H&H and the Terminal Island Ferry crossing. We come down this route from Wimpys all the time to get to the San Joaquin R. and points beyond... Wind Mill Cove, Bora Bora BEach, Garlic Bros., Stockton Sailing, Stockton Esplande at the Marina....

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thats it.... the LITTLE CONNECTION SLOUGH by H&H and the Terminal Island Ferry crossing. We come down this route from Wimpys all the time to get to the San Joaquin R. and points beyond... Wind Mill Cove, Bora Bora BEach, Garlic Bros., Stockton Sailing, Stockton Esplande at the Marina....
Sorry for the delay, I thought it was called Little Potato Slough, but could be wrong, but the marina over there is ghost town. Wish I would have grabbed pics of that. Kinda eerie. And yes just up from H&H.

Bill

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,962 Posts
Think its little connection slough.........
Sorry for the delay, I thought it was called Little Potato Slough, but could be wrong, but the marina over there is ghost town. Wish I would have grabbed pics of that. Kinda eerie. And yes just up from H&H.

Bill
You guys have my attention! The map shows Herman & Helens on Little Connection (running kinda north and south)

Potato/Little Potato Slough runs from the San Joaquin (West to east) to Little Connection.

Are the boats on Potato?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
You guys have my attention! The map shows Herman & Helens on Little Connection (running kinda north and south)

Potato/Little Potato Slough runs from the San Joaquin (West to east) to Little Connection.

Are the boats on Potato?

They are on Little Potato Slough very close the the San Joaquin river (less than a half mile). Near the end of 8 mile road.

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,962 Posts
They are on Little Potato Slough very close the the San Joaquin river (less than a half mile). Near the end of 8 mile road.
"Roger that", RogerThat. :))THumbsUp

"Eureka" I found it!

http://dbw.parks.ca.gov/PDF/CleanGreen/DeltaMap-Boating.pdf

Potato Slough runs from the San Joaquin River (west end) to Little Connection Slough (east end)
Little Potato Slough runs North from the Potato Slough/Little Connection Slough junction to the South Mokelumne River.

Are the boats in Potato Slough or Little Potato Slough?

·
Platinum Member
2,014 Posts
Saw. a Few DLB ers at Giustis on Sunday

Nice day for a boat ride left early from Wimpys nice breakfast at Pitates Lair and off to Connection slough to middle river for a lap around Coney Island up old river and a quick rip down Itialian slough back up old river cross over at windward to Bullfrog and rip Empire cut and Latham slough to Columbia cut x over the San Juan into Dissapoinment slough to PP marine and rip Whites slough into Patato slough and back up the Moke

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I'd love to run with you guys some day!! My big turd can't hang in the turns but I can run down the roll bar Daytona in the straights.

·
Registered
208 Posts
"Roger that", RogerThat. :))THumbsUp

"Eureka" I found it!

http://dbw.parks.ca.gov/PDF/CleanGreen/DeltaMap-Boating.pdf

Potato Slough runs from the San Joaquin River (west end) to Little Connection Slough (east end)
Little Potato Slough runs North from the Potato Slough/Little Connection Slough junction to the South Mokelumne River.

Are the boats in Potato Slough or Little Potato Slough?

Steve, they are on Little Potato (Little Connection on your map) on the east side very near the San Joaquin.
Look on Google Earth, there are four ships there.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts