Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking in to purchasing a 05 caddy for a relative its only got 21k...is there any towing difference(performance,ride,durability) than if i tow with my 02" denali both have the 6.0 AWD set ups. any input would be cool....anthony

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
im looking in to purchasing a 05 caddy for a relative its only got 21k...is there any towing difference(performance,ride,durability) than if i tow with my 02" denali both have the 6.0 AWD set ups. any input would be cool....anthony
They are both auto ride too Id be guessing. Umm I think there wouldnt be much of a difference except the Caddy looks cooler! LOL

And your one cool gut to buy a 05 Escalde for a relative!..Or are you buying it from a relative?

·
3,246 Posts
my mom had a 03 escalade. it would pull the 27 eliminator with now problems. plus the air ride control sets the back up level

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
I had an 02 Escalade with the 6.0L 345 hp engine and towed my 28' Advantage. Did 2 trips a year from NW to Havi and back. Lost the tranny at 54,000 miles & 3 months out of warranty. Called Cadillac and they put in a new tranny at no cost to me. Early models had Tranny issues, which I think were cause by a poor design on the oil pump. Fixed in the later models. My 1st tranny ran 190 degrees when not towing and went to 200+ towing. The new tranny temp only ran 150/160 and went to 190 when towing. I thought it was an awesome tow vehicle and had great acceleration even towing the Advantage.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I had an 02 Escalade with the 6.0L 345 hp engine and towed my 28' Advantage. Did 2 trips a year from NW to Havi and back. Lost the tranny at 54,000 miles & 3 months out of warranty. Called Cadillac and they put in a new tranny at no cost to me. Early models had Tranny issues, which I think were cause by a poor design on the oil pump. Fixed in the later models. My 1st tranny ran 190 degrees when not towing and went to 200+ towing. The new tranny temp only ran 150/160 and went to 190 when towing. I thought it was an awesome tow vehicle and had great acceleration even towing the Advantage.

Do you think you could have pulled a 8k enclosed trailer 6 or 7 times a year?

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are both auto ride too Id be guessing. Umm I think there wouldnt be much of a difference except the Caddy looks cooler! LOL

And your one cool gut to buy a 05 Escalde for a relative!..Or are you buying it from a relative?
sorry bout that.. its "from" a relative...wish times where that good to hand out caddy's:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts