Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lately I have been pondering the idea to get a toy hauler for the crackerbox so we have a place to sleep when we go to the races. I am interested in a 24-28' that has the stackable queen beds in the back, a shower, stove, and all that other good stuff. It would need to sleep around 4-5 people. When everything is folded up, the crackerbox needs to fit inside of the hauler. What manufacturers and model #'s should I be looking for?

I figured some of you guys have something life this and might be able to help me out with some info.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
To be honest I don't know if you'll be able to get something that small that will fit your hotrod. I have a Weekend Warrior Fifth wheel CR 3905 (40') which has about 5 feet of room in front of the boat. My oldman has a Weekend Warrior SL 3705 (38'). My oldman's is pretty tight. I think he only has about 2 feet to spare once loaded. Both have stacking Queen beds in the back.

·
Team CJ460
2,191 Posts
go look of the 14 fwy they have rage and cyclones that will work out perfect and they are dumping them cause they overbought.3 buddies have bought from there and save serious coin doing so.were thinking of trading ours in to upgrade.

·
Registered
529 Posts
We have a 32 foot weekend warrior and the hydro just fits, My flat has a little more room but not much. It has a queen up front and a drop down queen in the rear plus the fold out couch. I think you can also get the double rear queen in it also.

·
Backwards Buick
543 Posts
To get the cracker to fit you would have to go around 30' Tag trailer, 37' 5th wheel, but alos width is going to be a problem unless you put in on a dolly trailer. It all depends on where the first Cabinet (usually where the stove is) stops the sotrage. On your tag alongs if you go Front bathroom you would get more storage with a 30'. Look on Glamisdunes.com Lots of trailer to buy over there.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Tom Patterson hauls his 44P "Sparkler" in i believe a 32' Weekend Warrior with the stacking queen beds and it fits nicely. You obviously do have to have a dolly trailer for your boat.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Andrew I have had enclosed trailers for my boats in the past, WAYY to much trouble. If you want the ultimate set up it`s a box van. Call me I can set you up.

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andrew I have had enclosed trailers for my boats in the past, WAYY to much trouble. If you want the ultimate set up it`s a box van. Call me I can set you up.
Thanks Jim. You have one of the nicest setups out there with your truck. I will also be using the trailer to go to the desert for the weekend and go riding. It needs to sleep 4-5 with +people on the floor

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tom Patterson hauls his 44P "Sparkler" in i believe a 32' Weekend Warrior with the stacking queen beds and it fits nicely. You obviously do have to have a dolly trailer for your boat.
I will have to call tom up and see how he likes it.

Unfortunately i do have a feeling that I will be needing to make a dolly trailer

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
go look of the 14 fwy they have rage and cyclones that will work out perfect and they are dumping them cause they overbought.3 buddies have bought from there and save serious coin doing so.were thinking of trading ours in to upgrade.
Not a bad idea. I might try to cruise out there this weekend

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Take a look at the new Stealths by Forest River, we just bought one and love it. The guy from W. Warrior (Gary Denton) is now at Forest River and they are building nice stuff.

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I appreciate the PM's from everyone.

I really cant go any larger than 30'. Even the 30' trailer is pushing it when it comes to storing it next to my shop.

I know there has to be some models out there that can fit a boat that are under 30'.

Thanks,
RG

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To get the cracker to fit you would have to go around 30' Tag trailer, 37' 5th wheel, but alos width is going to be a problem unless you put in on a dolly trailer. It all depends on where the first Cabinet (usually where the stove is) stops the sotrage. On your tag alongs if you go Front bathroom you would get more storage with a 30'. Look on Glamisdunes.com Lots of trailer to buy over there.
I signed up at glamisdunes. They wont let me look at the pictures yet, but it do see alot of trailer on that site for sale. Thanks for the leed

·
Upstanding Member
12,715 Posts
Don't forget your drivers license upgrades.

Class A non comercial for any bumper tow over 10,000gvwr pounds and fith wheels over 15,000 GVWR.

If you get in a wreck without the right DL you stand to loose everything you have.

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don't forget your drivers license upgrades.

Class A non comercial for any bumper tow over 10,000gvwr pounds and fith wheels over 15,000 GVWR.

If you get in a wreck without the right DL you stand to loose everything you have.
Thanks SS. I will definitely upgrade my shiat when i find the right trailer.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Weekend Warrior made a 26' that the front bed folded out like a tent trailer deal. I only saw these for one year. I measured it out & my old Hondo 17'10" would have fit. this was back around 2003 or 2004.

Hear is my thoughts after owning an enclosed trailer for a year. Yes taking the boat in & out is a pain, but no big deal. Get a routine down & it is pretty simple.

Now, this was into a race trailer. I helped Tony load the yellow flat Hud now owns into the tag W.W Tony had for a bit. That was a pain, the steepness of the ramp & the tight width made it tougher. I'm sure Tony got it down better, but my point is a race trailer is easier.

Now my plan was to add a bathroom with a porta pottie into the front of mine. Then add cabinets & a kitchenette, some windows & a lift bed in the back. My 26' Haulmark has plenty of room. Fiat48 also did this with his 26' race trailer. Now it does not have all the bells & whistle's as a toy hauler, but can be done cheaper & the way you want it. I found some steel garage cabinets & laid the whole deal out.

Hell if you want to go this way I'll sell you a complete kit including the trailer.........

I just remembered there is a company that did a real nice set up of what I am talking about starting with a race trailer, not the cheesy kitchen set up Haulmark & others make. I need to see if i still there brochure. A 28' was around 25K

1 - 20 of 22 Posts