Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lady and I are in the market for a new car. After narrowing down the field it comes down to either a Honda Civic 4 door or a Toyota Corolla 4 door.

I'm hoping some of you here on the boards own them and would like to give some feedback. My family has owned Toyotas for years and had really good luck with them but I know the reliability ratings have been taking a dive.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Let us know what you decided.
I am going to get one or the other in August to commute to/from work.

·
Islander Trailer Trash#23
1,520 Posts
The lady and I are in the market for a new car. After narrowing down the field it comes down to either a Honda Civic 4 door or a Toyota Corolla 4 door.

I'm hoping some of you here on the boards own them and would like to give some feedback. My family has owned Toyotas for years and had really good luck with them but I know the reliability ratings have been taking a dive.

Go w/the Honda

·
Registered
122 Posts
I work for a Honda dealer and the new civic is a pretty trouble free car not any problems at all it's a good car. Btw i do parts for the shop so i see all the problem stuff come throught the shop.

·
U Member, Member?
639 Posts
Let us know what you decided.
I am going to get one or the other in August to commute to/from work.
Ford f250 = parked
beemer = parked
harley = parked (too much dam chrome)
9k for honda 600rr = 40 mpg (priceless)

Heres my new commuter

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sooo... The lady is trying to sway me towards the Corolla. The S trim actually looks pretty good. I am wanting to lean towards the Civic although Toyota is offering 0% financing right now which is something that may sway my decision.

Does anyone know if Honda will sell @ invoice? My aunt works for a Toyota dealership and she can get me the car @ invoice. If honda will sell @ invoice that will help me win the battle with the lady over Honda/Toyota.

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts
Sooo... The lady is trying to sway me towards the Corolla. The S trim actually looks pretty good. I am wanting to lean towards the Civic although Toyota is offering 0% financing right now which is something that may sway my decision.

Does anyone know if Honda will sell @ invoice? My aunt works for a Toyota dealership and she can get me the car @ invoice. If honda will sell @ invoice that will help me win the battle with the lady over Honda/Toyota.
Toyota is pretty gay:):)sphss

Hard to go wrong with a Civic:)hand

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sounds like the question is how do you justify paying 6 -7k more for a Honda.

I have an 07 Toyota 4dr corolla paid 12.5 out the door. Longo Toyota they delivered it to my house. I have a thing about going to dealerships.

You will not touch a Honda for less than 15.5....and that's if you know somebody.But check around you will find that they are going for over 20k.

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts
times are rough but i wonder why toyota is offereing 0% fin.
Car sales are sluggish for everyone I imagine.

0% looks to be for 36 months. It's a great deal if you want to throw 5-600 a month at a 15K car:)

I think there both great cars (reliable/resale) The conservative looks of the Corolla have always drawn me to the civic. (My first car was a civic but I have owned nothing but American since then:)devil)

1 - 20 of 120 Posts