Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am listing the following engine for sale because my customer is upgrading to an "exotic" motor from TPI. He loves this engine, and he is doing another one similar but more exotic. I do not like forum gossip, so thats all that needs to be said regarding that part of it. Just being honest.This is an unbelievable deal:

TPI 948 efi complete with ALL accessories, coolers, mounted to the engine and fully polished CMI exhaust............EVERYTHING! This is an ALL AMERICAN very powerful motor that has only 19 hrs. 5 liter supercharged efi motors are NOT for sale, even in this economy. $49750 FIRM (I will consider trades)If the red components scare you, we can change them to whatever color fits your needs. It is still under warranty and runs absolutely PERFECT! My contact info is at the bottom of this post.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
I am listing the following engine for sale because my customer is upgrading to an "exotic" motor from TPI. He loves this engine, and he is doing another one similar but more exotic. I do not like forum gossip, so thats all that needs to be said regarding that part of it. Just being honest.This is an unbelievable deal:

TPI 948 efi complete with ALL accessories, coolers, mounted to the engine and fully polished CMI exhaust............EVERYTHING! This is an ALL AMERICAN very powerful motor that has only 19 hrs. 5 liter supercharged efi motors are NOT for sale, even in this economy. $49750 FIRM (I will consider trades)If the red components scare you, we can change them to whatever color fits your needs. It is still under warranty and runs absolutely PERFECT! My contact info is at the bottom of this post.

I'll trade you my Warlock for it..:)hand( it's faster than your 25!)...I'll throw in my youngest daughter too if you can make it blue instead of red!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Along with your 2 boats that have not sold yet......Tough market for selling things....

Good luck with the sale's.....

Good point, and your right, Boat sales are tough, but good engines are selling. Along with engine upgrades, and this is the only used 5 liter efi motor for sale in the boat market anywhere right now. The price is right, even in a rough economy. Remember, he is selling it to upgrade to a bigger and better one:D

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How about a Teague 800 Trade in with 80 hours on it?:)bulb

Mike,

You might want to e-mail or call me about that if you are serious. I have a buyer for your motor right now, not joking. We can put some blue valve covers and pullies on this 5 liter and your all done:) No problem.

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
Mike,

You might want to e-mail or call me about that if you are serious. I have a buyer for your motor right now, not joking. We can put some blue valve covers and pullies on this 5 liter and your all done:) No problem.

PM sent.

·
HOT SAUCE HERE
749 Posts
WOW - if my boat was sold - I would do this in a heartbeat for my 'new' project! MIKE - do it! That would be the fastest Ultra ever :) :)

Roln 20s

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
Mike is going to pass on the motor, and I don't think that pussycat motor would rip the drive off the transom, but Mike's throttle hand might:):)punch:)hand
Thanks for getting back to me Gary. Just not the right time, plus I would like to put it in a new closed bow. I will say I see one of your motors or two in my next boat when the time comes.:)

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
Gary,

I can understand a customer wanting a bigger (more HP) motor but what makes it better? Your quote indicates that he is upgrading to a "bigger and better one". How can you build a better motor then the one listed? Seems like you use nothing but the best parts available in your motors so what will make the new motor better then your previous motors? Just curious...I think this motor with the red anodized parts is one of your best looking motors to date and priced very competively.

Good point, and your right, Boat sales are tough, but good engines are selling. Along with engine upgrades, and this is the only used 5 liter efi motor for sale in the boat market anywhere right now. The price is right, even in a rough economy. Remember, he is selling it to upgrade to a bigger and better one:D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really didnt want to get into it, but the fact is. There are many things that can be done to make a motor even better or just "cooler", and some customers like to make changes when new parts become available. I have many customers that are this way. They work hard and they like the latest and greatest stuff. This motor makes plenty of power and is totally reliable, that is why we want to sell it complete and just do another "different" one. A lot of my customers like being a part of the build up also,,,,,,,,it's actually pretty enjoyable for all parties usually.

Now, to be more direct: If the customer want's an engine with: Big Tube Headers, Jesel Belt drive/Rockers, Serpentine Belt system, MOAC intercooler, 2 stage sea pump, Different fittings/plumbing, ect, ect, I am going to provide that to him with a smile and top notch service:D

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
Thanks Gary, just curious as to how you improve on "perfection" so to speak because all of your motors seem like they are dialed in and put together to the highest tolerances right from the shop. I still think the motor with the red parts and that one on your website with the carbon fiber looking valve covers are 2 of the best looking motors so far.

This is a steal for a 948 package....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts