Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With this season winding down I am already starting to think about next year. I think it would be pretty cool to start off the year with a TPI regatta. It would sure be cool to see all of the boats that Gary has worked on in one location at the same time. Maybe a TPI regatta/ Desert Storm combo weekend.:)bulb

·
Registered
765 Posts
Damn you Demonman!

You two are hysterical. What would we have,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,8 maybe 10 boats?:D I will tell you what, just to make it interesting: If TPI finishes 2008 with a decent year, I will put together a small TPI regatta for 2009(25+ boats), and TPI will foot the bill for the whole thing. There will be no fees whatsovever. Let me see how things end up. If we do it in the Spring while the weather is cool/good, maybe we could have some radar "fun runs" or something to make it interesting. Believe it or not, I actually think we could get a decent turn out for this. I have some contacts that would make this really fun and different. Such as a "lake scavenger hunt" during the poker run with a "treasure map" and prizes hidden in different spots on the lake......................................I will consider it...........................:)devil

·
Punk in Drublic
2,165 Posts
How about a seperate regatta for those who wished they had a TPI? Betcha that would be a big party!

Seriously, the new GM motor with Gary's touch will be mine, yes, all mine in '09!:)devil:)devil:)devil

·
On The Gas
1,428 Posts
"ON THE GAS" will be on the lake for this event! Come hell or high water.....better yet, bring on the high water, we like chop! :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
BTW,

Hey Demon, you will need to keep a low profile at the regatta. I don't wan't to scare the kids................................:D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Looks like we will be taking another trip to give TPI well deserved support:D

Jeff,

You might win the longest drive award, but if the boat I am going to start on soon is done, and he can make it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you will probably lose:D, I will try to have a prize for second place.

The way I look at, I have worked on a bunch of boats, and all of those boats are TPi customers. They don't need to have a TPI engine to come. If they are TPI customers, they can come to the TPI regatta,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if there ever is one:)hammers..............damn demonman!

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gary, I wasn't thinking formal, foot the bill, traditional regatta type deal. More of a get the boats together, hang out kinda thing. Maybe we could all schedule our annual service for that weekend and set you up with a Nascar style pit in the parking lot of Wal-Mart. The ideas just keep on comin:D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Gary, I wasn't thinking formal, foot the bill, traditional regatta type deal. More of a get the boats together, hang out kinda thing. Maybe we could all schedule our annual service for that weekend and set you up with a Nascar style pit in the parking lot of Wal-Mart. The ideas just keep on comin:D
I have a better idea. What if I set up an "easy up" at the London Bridge resort, and we can have everyone bring threir kids over and you can let them play on your boat kinda like "Romper Room" or "Sesame Street", then you can take them all for rides. That sounds awesome doesnt it. I can offer all of the kids Abba Zabbas and red gatorade before they get in the boat:)hand

Seriously,

If we are going to have a regatta, it will be on TPI, Thats the deal.

·
Boat Bling Distributor
1,163 Posts
I have a better idea. What if I set up an "easy up" at the London Bridge resort, and we can have everyone bring threir kids over and you can let them play on your boat kinda like "Romper Room" or "Sesame Street", then you can take them all for rides. That sounds awesome doesnt it. I can offer all of the kids Abba Zabbas and red gatorade before they get in the boat:)hand

Seriously,

If we are going to have a regatta, it will be on TPI, Thats the deal.
You forgot chocolate kids love that stuff;) However it goes down it will be a hell of a time:)devil

·
Registered
765 Posts
You forgot chocolate kids love that stuff;) However it goes down it will be a hell of a time:)devil
Chocolate might get messy. I want to make sure Adam's boat stays clean. Gosh, it almost` sounds like you want to thrash on Adam's boat by having the kids bring Chocolate..............Geeeez.

·
Distinguished Member
412 Posts
Chocolate might get messy. I want to make sure Adam's boat stays clean. Gosh, it almost` sounds like you want to thrash on Adam's boat by having the kids bring Chocolate..............Geeeez.
It just wouldn't be right without Pringles! Nothing says, "I hate the carpet in your boat!" better than Pringles! They find their way into every corner and after a month with the cover on, the let you know where they are!

Gary, can I pay my way to be the winner of, "the most anal retentive questions to install a Whipple without paying you" award?!?

----Rob

·
Registered
765 Posts
Rob,

You don't even come close to winning that award. But come to think of it. We could definately have some awards for things like that:) I am sure I could think of some pretty funny ones:D

·
Boat Bling Distributor
1,163 Posts
So can you still have & host a regatta without having a boat:)?:)? Come on give it up:|err!:|err! What boat does the Taylor family have planned if some lucky person buys the orange beast?;)?

·
Registered
765 Posts
We are going to have some major remodeling done at home and I have some really great plans for TPI in 2009. There is quite a bit of money sitting there in that boat and to be honest, I am starting to get bored with it and my passion to make TPI better is the priority. The money from that boat will go to good use between the house and the business, trust me on that:D

As far as another boat? I have to say, I have been a bit distracted since I drove that red/white Howard Sportdeck with the Whipple 5 liter motor in it. The one that "DTI TRUCKS" owns. That thing really impressed me. In every way. I actually was very surprised at how versatile that combination is. Something like that is probably the direction I would lean too. BTW, No TPI regatta without us owning a TPI boat:)

·
Boat Bling Distributor
1,163 Posts
Well thats great that you have new plans for TPI and if the sell of the orange beast is going to make those plans a reality then I say sell it and dont look back:) A new boat is only a phone call away and hell you already know a good motor builder:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts