Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not spamming just wondering if anyone has done this and any recommendations? I don't currently have anyone in mind or any offers. Just looking to change things up a bit.

I have a 2005 29 ft. Shockwave closed bow. 540ci EFI, Imco SC drive, Dual Ram Imco steering. Boat does mid 64-68mph. depends on conditions. Loaded with 4 optimas, Iota on board charger, livorsi gauges and all the goodies.

We really don't get the use out of it anymore. I can go to the lake with friends anytime.

I'm thinking a pool worth about 35k and 30k in cash. Am I crazy?

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
Saw a big bucket up at the shop... I'll have the boys clean it up. When can I get the boat? :D :D :D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mmBw3uzPnJI/SdaQUw8aykI/AAAAAAAAjxY/PFGh7a4azvs/s400/*******-pool.jpg

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Saw a big bucket up at the shop... I'll have the boys clean it up. When can I get the boat? :D :D :D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mmBw3uzPnJI/SdaQUw8aykI/AAAAAAAAjxY/PFGh7a4azvs/s400/*******-pool.jpg

I knew this was coming from you! I didn't know janitorial work paid that much...:)hand

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Weather must be getting hot in AZ?

That and the 3-4 hour boat trips because the wife and kid get bored. I'll be looking for a Howard deck in a couple of years when we're done with the toddler stage.

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
I knew this was coming from you! I didn't know janitorial work paid that much...:)hand
Ouch... So forget my next suggestion of knowing where there is a bunch of equipment we could use to dig you a pool... I get the same offer for my lazy river backyard. :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ouch... So forget my next suggestion of knowing where there is a bunch of equipment we could use to dig you a pool... I get the same offer for my lazy river backyard. :D :D :D

I hear ya. We talked about it already. I need to do the pool, pad for the shop and driveway at the same time. Thank god for good friends. :D

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts

Classic Jordy!!

Nice thing is, you can dig the hole with it, then drop the bucket all in one!

Viola! In-ground pool.:)devil

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
IF you can come get my pool out from the backyard....I'll trade ya :)sphss

·
Because KAP said so...
273 Posts
Dude are you nuts, a pool for a boat...I have both, I have always had boats, and pools, trust me you will enjoy the boat more than a pool. I have a 34,000gal pool @ the moment, I live in south Louisiana, we were on the river all weekend, got home and hit the pool. Water temp in the lake was 88deg, in my pool @ 6:00pm 94-96 too f-in hot. Where you live cant be any better it feels like you just got in a hottub, but the wife has always needed a pool, WTF. I figure I have always had boats, she can have a pool.

Now for the other drawbacks of a pool...BUILDING ONE, I have had 4 pools built by 4 differant builders...They all suck azz, they get all your money up front and when finished you have to fight tooth and nail to have minor details taken care of. Or have your attorney draft a letter, "Current Pool" to get them to do what they should have done to start with.

Keep your boat trust me it won't be what you think, I was like you, had kids wanted a pool after 1 season, the enjoyment went out the window, you just end up using it less and less:)sphss Just my .02

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dude are you nuts, a pool for a boat...I have both, I have always had boats, and pools, trust me you will enjoy the boat more than a pool. I have a 34,000gal pool @ the moment, I live in south Louisiana, we were on the river all weekend, got home and hit the pool. Water temp in the lake was 88deg, in my pool @ 6:00pm 94-96 too f-in hot. Where you live cant be any better it feels like you just got in a hottub, but the wife has always needed a pool, WTF. I figure I have always had boats, she can have a pool.

Now for the other drawbacks of a pool...BUILDING ONE, I have had 4 pools built by 4 differant builders...They all suck azz, they get all your money up front and when finished you have to fight tooth and nail to have minor details taken care of. Or have your attorney draft a letter, "Current Pool" to get them to do what they should have done to start with.

Keep your boat trust me it won't be what you think, I was like you, had kids wanted a pool after 1 season, the enjoyment went out the window, you just end up using it less and less:)sphss Just my .02

My little one loves the pool. She's almost 2. I'm tired of taking her to the Scottsdale public pool.

I'll get another boat later. At this time I'd rather get sheit faced in my back yard in my own pool than deal with the boat.

I might buy a 69 Z28 or 69 convertible camaro with the left over $$$.

Just throwing around ideas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts