Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I'm new to the board. Just traded my 79 bayliner Saratoga offshore for a 79 Tahiti 21 foot Limited with a 460 and Berkly pump. Can anyone give me info about this boat? Top Speed and typical problems with it. Owner I got it from had the drive-train rebuild with all receipts.
SSA50392.jpg

SSA50533.jpg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what would be a guess for top speed?

The 460 has been rebuilt to stock specs. And the pump has also been rebuilt with a new deverter. Last owner was trying to tell me top should be around 60-70. Only thing wrong it under sized Carb. Currently choked by a 650. Should be up around a 750 780 I would think...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also First jet. Can you run the engine with the boat out of water? Use to putting muffs on stern drive. Can the pump be ran dry?

·
Registered
794 Posts
You may see 55 out of her. Dry start is a No No. Take the drive line off if you want to start it. :thumb:

·
66 HALLETT
18 Posts
What I would do if u want to start the boat out of water and not take apart the drive line ..... is take a hose and stick it in the end of the pump. Put the boat in reverse so the hose stays put and turn it on. This will wash the pump free from dirt and keep it cool wwhile running. You will also need a second hose to hook to the motor if u run it long.
......every one has there own way. Hope this helps

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What I would do if u want to start the boat out of water and not take apart the drive line ..... is take a hose and stick it in the end of the pump. Put the boat in reverse so the hose stays put and turn it on. This will wash the pump free from dirt and keep it cool wwhile running. You will also need a second hose to hook to the motor if u run it long.
......every one has there own way. Hope this helps

Thanks again

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reverse Rotation Starter

Does anyone have a link to a website that has a good price on the reverse rotation starter for my 460?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts