Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Senior Moment Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just heard on the news that they will be installing those cameras that bust you for speeding and such thru out the Phoenix area by October and the entire state by January. There will also be the mobile vans with cameras like there were in Bullhead last year.:))eek:))

·
It is what it is
2,650 Posts
I just heard on the news that they will be installing those cameras that bust you for speeding and such thru out the Phoenix area by October and the entire state by January. There will also be the mobile vans with cameras like there were in Bullhead last year.:))eek:))
I didn't here it, but my wife said they are looking to add 500 additional cameras. Better get used to driving the speed limit.:)st

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
A radar detector and traffic camera subscription for your GPS will definately help.
Mobile yes, but the fixed camera use a trestle system. The good thing is if you see it in time (before you run over the trip wire) you can slow down.

I hate the big brother thing but, personally if it takes the 90 MPH idiots off the road and generates much needed $ for the state I’m good with all of them.

·
Lord of the Drinks
2,352 Posts
Mobile yes, but the fixed camera use a trestle system. The good thing is if you see it in time (before you run over the trip wire) you can slow down.

I hate the big brother thing but, personally if it takes the 90 MPH idiots off the road and generates much needed $ for the state I’m good with all of them.
For $25/month, the traffic camera subscription downloads to my GPS, and chimes everytime I am approaching a fixed camera location (red light or speed).

For example, when the 101 camera was turned on in Scottsdale, my GPS told me that it was approaching, and I needed to slow down...lol.

Radar detector covers the mobile units.

·
Boss of the McIntyre Mob
1,981 Posts
In AZ you can tow 75 on I10. That's fast enough. That's plenty in a car too. Will they pop you for 4 MPH over the limit? If not, your talkin bout 80 in a car, that's plenty too.

CA sucks with 70 and 55 for towing.

In the city, there is no need to go faster then posted.

Damn, I think I am getting old.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Don't these take a picture of the driver as a must for verification to issue the ticket? Maybe it's time to wear a mask while driving around just to screw with their brains? I'm thinking a Bill Clinton mask would be the most effective given the wording I chose?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I noticed they changed the speed limit to 55 around the 101 loop through Scottsdale.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I noticed they changed the speed limit to 55 around the 101 loop through Scottsdale.
Isn't this because of construction? not sure....

I thought I got popped by a camera in Scottsdale a month ago, but still haven't gotten the ticket yet-- Looks like I may have gotten lucky. :)st

·
Nordic 35' Flame
529 Posts
You didn't hear it from me, but when they mail the ticket to your house, just throw it away. Unless they send out someone to serve the ticket or send it certified mail and you sign for it...you have not been ticketed. If you call the number on the ticket or go online to "view your picture" you are admitting that you have recieved the ticket...don't do their job for them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You didn't hear it from me, but when they mail the ticket to your house, just throw it away. Unless they send out someone to serve the ticket or send it certified mail and you sign for it...you have not been ticketed. If you call the number on the ticket or go online to "view your picture" you are admitting that you have recieved the ticket...don't do their job for them.
So far this has worked for me, I've had three in the last year or so and have not acknowledged them in any way and have had no isssue.(so far.....)

·
professional slacker
884 Posts
I guess since the 30k millionaires are bankrupted, they need a new rev. stream. :)st

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
True. An officer must serve you a ticket.

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
So far this has worked for me, I've had three in the last year or so and have not acknowledged them in any way and have had no isssue.(so far.....)
True. An officer must serve you a ticket.
In my city in California they have been using cameras at major intersections for more than 3 years now, they put them at high accident intersections. From what I know through my friend at the Upland P.D. that runs this division, if the photo is in black and white and is mailed to you just ignore it, the P.D. can't make a positive ID on the driver, if the photo is in color it is the same as a ticket from an LEO and has to be taken care of. Hope this helps a little. What I don't understand is the main database for this system is in PHX or around there, just surprised that these were not up and running before.

·
GOLD MEMBER
74 Posts
In my city in California they have been using cameras at major intersections for more than 3 years now, they put them at high accident intersections. From what I know through my friend at the Upland P.D. that runs this division, if the photo is in black and white and is mailed to you just ignore it, the P.D. can't make a positive ID on the driver, if the photo is in color it is the same as a ticket from an LEO and has to be taken care of. Hope this helps a little. What I don't understand is the main database for this system is in PHX or around there, just surprised that these were not up and running before.

the ones in loma linda are sent to pheniox area. it works something like this. the camera takes the photo. it is sent to local offices. then sent to AZ to be processed and then back to local office where citation is issued. takes about 6 weeks time. The camera make huge revenue for the city. it is also split with the camera company.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Problem solved! While Jordy was messing around in my shop, I had the mechanics switch plates on our trucks. I don't care how many tickets he gets!!! :p

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.