Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm redoing the trailer under the Daytona and am planning on either a removable or folding tongue and am curious as to what you guys might have or recommend.

Also, what kind of folding jacks to you guys have? I have a old cheapy bolt on one temporarily but plan on upgrading it to something better.

Thanks...........john

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Hey John, My old boat had a removable tongue it was an 18' Crusader it was great. My boat Now is a TPR Deck with a swing away tongue. I'm glag I don't have to pick it up."they are heavy" It swings in place and drop the pin in. I think the swing away is more convienent, My jack is the norm swing up also pin pops in. My Trailer is "upgraded" with 2x6 box rails it is beefy!Probably should have went triple axel but at the time I built the boat $ was tight. One thing I would think about is a padded stop and winch in the front.Way easier than a drawbar especially in the dark.

·
Registered
379 Posts
My tailor has a removable tongue that works really well for my application. It has a 3 1/2 box tube fixed to the tailor and the removable/sliding part is 3x3. Its normal length for towing and with the pull of a pin it extends another 2' for launching, or all the way out for storage. Its nice for beach launching cause my truck tires stay on dry land the whole time. I could post pics if interested. Really simple set-up the works exceptionally well.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. If you have some pictures, I'd love to see them. Thanks again

·
Registered
416 Posts
I wil txt you some pic's of the trailer on my 19 John, has a removable tounge and works great!! We also did a big folding tounge on Mikes 25 that Brian nnow owns if you wants pic of that.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wil txt you some pic's of the trailer on my 19 John, has a removable tounge and works great!! We also did a big folding tounge on Mikes 25 that Brian nnow owns if you wants pic of that.
Thay would be awesome Travis. Thanks!

Now I just gotta get my welder to get his ass home so I can put him to work

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
We did this one on my trailer when we converted it from a standard road trailer to a dolly road trailer. I also fabricated a wheel set up that bolts on in place of the tongue for rolling it around the shop and winching it into a trailer...

Picture 001.jpg

We have a swing away tongue with a flip down wheel/crank on our ski boat. OK for a ski boat but to ugly to go on my flat IMHO

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We did this one on my trailer when we converted it from a standard road trailer to a dolly road trailer. I also fabricated a wheel set up that bolts on in place of the tongue for rolling it around the shop and winching it into a trailer...

View attachment 138455

We have a swing away tongue with a flip down wheel/crank on our ski boat. OK for a ski boat but to ugly to go on my flat IMHO
That looks really clean David. Thanks for the picture

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
I personally have had both.
Detachable is heavy yes, but the benefit is you can leave your boat-trailer at the river and take the tung with you, less likely of your boat being stolen.

Currently I have a swing away tung, connivence is there, saves room front to back but if I had my choice i would go with a detachable.

Also if u are going to modify your trailer and live in the so cal area then give "Roke" trailers a call, they build nice trailers.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Heres the one we built for my 19 John. Sorry it wasn't here for you to see in person when you picked up the 21'.

If you do a swing away, you can always remove the pivot side bolt/pin and remove the tongue too.

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you do the removeable reciever tube style you can also just slide it in instead of pulling it out everytime, you will have to allow for the added length on the coupler when you shorten it though if you plan on doing it that way, ask me how I know lol

·
COHETE ROJO
219 Posts
If you do the removeable reciever tube style you can also just slide it in instead of pulling it out everytime, you will have to allow for the added length on the coupler when you shorten it though if you plan on doing it that way, ask me how I know lol
That's what she said.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts