Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure that I need to post this in the Jet section, but here goes. I've got a Competitive brand trailer under my Carrera 205 open bow that has the float bar or California bar on the trailer. From the get go, I've noticed the front of the boat bounces quite a bit while trailering. My plan is to remove the float bar and scoot the boat up about 1" (to match the V-Guide that's under the front of the boat).

I'm looking for pictures, insight and anything else before I tackle this. I've envisioned one of those rubber V-guides under the bow eye and a nice winch to hold it all together....

·
Registered
577 Posts
I gotta do the same thing with mine. If you have rollers it'll probably be easier but if not head to the lake and move it forward with the boat off. Does the back of the hull hang off the trailer?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I gotta do the same thing with mine. If you have rollers it'll probably be easier but if not head to the lake and move it forward with the boat off. Does the back of the hull hang off the trailer?
It doesn't hang off right now, it's about even with the end of the bunks. I'd just like to have a little board hanging out the back.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I take it the bar is welded and not adjustable. If so, I would move the bar forward and re-weld and continue to float boat on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I take it the bar is welded and not adjustable. If so, I would move the bar forward and re-weld and continue to float boat on.
No, it's not welded at the moment. I could scoot it up for the time being, but I'd like a more permanent fix for the problem.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
If you do the rubber v- block, I would suggest putting the bow eye behind it for 2 reasons.

1. If you get in an accident while trailering, the bow eye will hit the v-block and stop the boat from loading itself into the bed of your truck.

2. You won't have to lift your boat up and over the v-block while launching.

Personally I like the winch over the floater bar because you can get the bunks wet, then pull forward a bit. Winch the boat up onto the bunks so it's on straight the first time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts