Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the thread about the train horns got me thinking about all the accidents and near misses that seem to occur with trains and cars/trucks at the crossings. These happen on a regular basis, even at marked crossings, with the gates, lights, bells, etc. You'd have to have your head pretty far up your own ass to not notice a train barreling down on you, especially with the good train horns they've got. Never mind all the other signaling devices. :)sphss

It is kind of fun, if you're near a railroad crossing and there are no trains around, to light off the train horns a few times and watch people try and figure out where the train is and why the gates aren't coming down...not that I've ever done that. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
982 Posts
I dont get it either, the big give away for me is when the RR crossings are down. When I see that I stop and look and see a train and wait for the train to go by and then the RR crossing go up then I proceed. Same goes if I hear a train horn but no crossings are present or not working but I see a train track. But I wont be stopping when I hear a train horn but see no tracks.

·
Banned
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont get it either, the big give away for me is when the RR crossings are down. When I see that I stop and look and see a train and wait for the train to go by and then the RR crossing go up then I proceed. Same goes if I hear a train horn but no crossings are present or not working but I see a train track. But I wont be stopping when I hear a train horn but see no tracks.
Why stop when you can just go through? :)sphss

·
Banned
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its obvious the arms aren't built well if a biker just flies through it:D:D
Yeah, that looked more like the arms you'd see at a pay parking lot kind of place. The ones around here are heavy and would likely do some serious damage if you were to come into contact with them like that... or if you're a total retard and are parked under them when they start to come down. :)sphss

·
Banned
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.