Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My last computer is just about dead, but it holds all of my iTunes, and those on my phone. When I plug my phone into my new one, it wants to erase all the old music...or that's what I get out of the info box. How can I get my tunes from the phone to the new computer? And I use Limewire...which is also on the other computer.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I think you can use iDump, google it, I've used it to download from other peoples Ipods and it might work from your PC. BTW, that is really what it's called.....

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It's been a while since I used it, but I used a product called sharepod to get my music off my ipod. It's cool cause you can install it on the actual device, so no matter what computer you hook up to it, you can transfer songs back and fourth without using itunes.

·
Still Boatless :-(
552 Posts
My last computer is just about dead, but it holds all of my iTunes, and those on my phone. When I plug my phone into my new one, it wants to erase all the old music...or that's what I get out of the info box. How can I get my tunes from the phone to the new computer? And I use Limewire...which is also on the other computer.
You don't need any other software.....

1. First, get rid of "Limewire" from every computer you have, unless you want to keep and spread all kinds of viruses , worms and spyware.
  2. Next, load ITunes on the new computer, go to "Edit", "Preferences", go to the "Device" tab, and check "Disable automatic syncing with IPods and Iphones".
  3. Then click on "Store" and Authorize Computer and put in your username and password.
  4. Then plug in your Ipod, highlight the Ipod in Itunes and click and drag all your music and content from the Ipod to your library in Itunes.
Easy.....no bogus software needed.

:)bulb:D

·
Registered
284 Posts
You don't need any other software.....

1. First, get rid of "Limewire" from every computer you have, unless you want to keep and spread all kinds of viruses , worms and spyware.
  2. Next, load ITunes on the new computer, go to "Edit", "Preferences", go to the "Device" tab, and check "Disable automatic syncing with IPods and Iphones".
  3. Then click on "Store" and Authorize Computer and put in your username and password.
  4. Then plug in your Ipod, highlight the Ipod in Itunes and click and drag all your music and content from the Ipod to your library in Itunes.
Easy.....no bogus software needed.

:)bulb:D
baja, thank you...i was doing the samething...question again for anyone.
this example was from Phone to itunes...how do you go from Itunes to phone??

example...old computer was sync with my iphone now i have a new computer...dont want to delete music on phone but want to add music to it from my "new itunes"
is that possible

·
mud slinger
2,012 Posts
baja, thank you...i was doing the samething...question again for anyone.
this example was from Phone to itunes...how do you go from Itunes to phone??

example...old computer was sync with my iphone now i have a new computer...dont want to delete music on phone but want to add music to it from my "new itunes"
is that possible
X2

·
Registered
284 Posts
ahhh why is itunes so difficult...
this is the only thing i dislike :mad: about apple...
someone needs to make software to make it simple like windows drag and drop(dare i say that)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts