Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANybody have extra ones laying around they want to sell or get ride of? Mine is wrong for my boat/pump combo i think because when on it goes out past where the seal is suppose to be. It was siliconed before and i siliconed it again but i have it off right now and would rather have the right one because this one also has issues with putting the stearing cable at a angle. Let me know, post pics if you have htem.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
do you have a part # of the one you need?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
ANybody have extra ones laying around they want to sell or get ride of? Mine is wrong for my boat/pump combo i think because when on it goes out past where the seal is suppose to be. It was siliconed before and i siliconed it again but i have it off right now and would rather have the right one because this one also has issues with putting the stearing cable at a angle. Let me know, post pics if you have htem.
post a pic of yours.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Is your pump setback? If so contact RCB19. Hes got a really nice adapter that he might sell.

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
I have an angled one in the garage.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Ditto that.

Shaun, there are only two stock Berkeley transom adapters. One is flat(and shallow) and the other is angled.
3, the angled one has the flange all the way around the outside ones and one with no visible bottom flange that goes inside the bottom

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont have any good close up pics really. Since youi said there's only two stock covers and one is flat and shallow my guess is thats the one i need. The one i have now sticks out about 2 to 3 inches and is slightly angled which screwes my steering shaft up (angles it down). Below are some pics.

Here's it when i assembled it the first time..

As you can see in this pic, the groove where the bowl meets the suction is no where near covered by the transom housing so i cannot use the giant O-ring seal. I've done two pumps, this one leaked like crazy between the bowl and housing and squeezed out the silicon where i did my buddys and his transom housing matched perfect. Silicon with the stock o-ring seal and his is solid, no leaks.

Since i had to pull mine to reseal it i figured i would see if sombody had the correct one for my app so i could get it to seal correctly and so hopfully my steering cable will be straight. Also my transom housing where the nut goes to seal the reverse cable is stripped and i have a ghetto fix in place with a outside seal nut dilio that i jb-welded in and would rather it be right.

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
here's a pic of the angled T/A for comparison-

I also had an issue with leaking between the bowl and T/A, also didn't like having only silicone in the gap. I remedied it by filling the gap with silicone and while it was still wet, I forced surgical tubing in. I then put a bead of aluminum colored (polished T/A) butyl rubber caulking to hide the surgical tubing. Never leaked

1 - 16 of 16 Posts