Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wouldn't think the economy would have a huge effect on the amount of kids out there, but it's dismal. I live in a beautiful little neighborhood, and maybe 15 kids. It's a nice 65* out there, with a breeze, very nice weather. I've noticed this over the past several years...anyone else?

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
We are hit or miss every year...........10 so far!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I wouldn't think the economy would have a huge effect on the amount of kids out there, but it's dismal. I live in a beautiful little neighborhood, and maybe 15 kids. It's a nice 65* out there, with a breeze, very nice weather. I've noticed this over the past several years...anyone else?
To many crazy mo fo's out there, a lot of the upper middle class people have private parties now a days. Not many here this year either about 1/2 from 2 years ago...............The wife just said 16, last year 40...........

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Our little town of Gig Harbor block off the old historic district main street to vehicles and the shops open up to the kids to TT. Starts at 1pm and runs to 7pm. Saver for the kids etc. We've been doing it for years and it's a great hit in the community.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
We lived in the country for five years and now live in a newer tract. My wife is extremely excited to see the children but I don't have the heart to tell her I already got the downlow from the neighbors. They told me to expect less than 30 kids! I can't believe that. I can pass 20 kids just driving out of the development in the afternoon. I don't know what it is, Halloween was always one of the holidays we really looked foward to as kids in the 80's and early 90's. Oh well, more candy for me I guess.

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
Only One Logical Explanation!!

The kids know you are a grumpy old fart and the grief not worth a tootsie roll.

:D

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
I'm gonna just lock the gate and keep the candy for myself. Wife buys good stuff. Truth be told, we haven't had a treater in more than 10 years. We still by candy though just in case.

·
I got nothing
2,037 Posts
Our little town of Gig Harbor block off the old historic district main street to vehicles and the shops open up to the kids to TT. Starts at 1pm and runs to 7pm. Saver for the kids etc. We've been doing it for years and it's a great hit in the community.
Apparently they do the same in Havasu on McCulloch, same area for the Poker Run Street Party. 85 degrees here in Havasu today...

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I'm gonna just lock the gate and keep the candy for myself. Wife buys good stuff. Truth be told, we haven't had a treater in more than 10 years. We still by candy though just in case.
What you need to do is get a SHOT GLASS and go yourself !!!!! Liven up the neighborhood !!! You could start a trend !!!!!!!:D

1 - 20 of 54 Posts