Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, havin a problem with my trim pump. And that is, its broke!!!! So heres the problem, drivin to Windmill, heard a load release of air from under the engine hatch. Didn't trip because the boat still ran fine. But on the return trip, no trim action. So got back to Orwood, couldn't rise the trim drive, only thing I was gettin was a clicking sound from the trim pump. I also notice some fluid splash right behind the pump on the transom wall. So what Im assuming is that;

1. Bad line
2. Bad pump motor
3. Worst, whole thing is bad

So what do you guys think???????

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Don, will you PM me ur number and I can give u a call when I get home from work??

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey guys, havin a problem with my trim pump. And that is, its broke!!!! So heres the problem, drivin to Windmill, heard a load release of air from under the engine hatch. Didn't trip because the boat still ran fine. But on the return trip, no trim action. So got back to Orwood, couldn't rise the trim drive, only thing I was gettin was a clicking sound from the trim pump. I also notice some fluid splash right behind the pump on the transom wall. So what Im assuming is that;

1. Bad line
2. Bad pump motor

Just had the same thing happen to me last week. It was the solenoid. The clicking sound was the pump trying to work. Try checking for power with a test light to solenoid. If no power, make a jump wire and by pass the solenoid. The solenoid should have a blue wire wich is trim up, green is trim down, red is power so link red to either blue or green and see what you have. Hope this can be of a help.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

1. Bad line
2. Bad pump motor

Just had the same thing happen to me last week. It was the solenoid. The clicking sound was the pump trying to work. Try checking for power with a test light to solenoid. If no power, make a jump wire and by pass the solenoid. The solenoid should have a blue wire wich is trim up, green is trim down, red is power so link red to either blue or green and see what you have. Hope this can be of a help.
Thanks Top Gun. Will give it try.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
It was the solenoid. The clicking sound was the pump trying to work. Try checking for power with a test light to solenoid. If no power, make a jump wire and by pass the solenoid. The solenoid should have a blue wire wich is trim up, green is trim down, red is power so link red to either blue or green and see what you have. Hope this can be of a help.

Sounds like a similar conversation we had?? LOL!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was the solenoid. The clicking sound was the pump trying to work. Try checking for power with a test light to solenoid. If no power, make a jump wire and by pass the solenoid. The solenoid should have a blue wire wich is trim up, green is trim down, red is power so link red to either blue or green and see what you have. Hope this can be of a help.

Sounds like a similar conversation we had?? LOL!
Yes it did, but Im scared to get shocked!!!!:no: LOL!!!! But I will give it a try.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
sell it...lol jokin call don to fix it so you aint gotta worry about getting shocked let him deal with getting :schreck:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Electrocution is definitely a concern when working with 12v. You should wear a rubber insulated suit when performing the work. A standard yellow rain slicker works fine, thats what I use and I've never been shocked.;)
LOL!!!!:wink2:

·
Registered
31 Posts

Sounds like a similar conversation we had?? LOL

LOL. If I knew how to copy and repost your answer I would have have. Thanks again for the advice and hope to see you at hookie day.:))THumbsUp

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks to Don, Top Gun for the advice!! Everything worked out great and I didn't get SHOCKED!!!! LOL!!! Thanks guys for the help!!:))THumbsUp:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts