Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
MADSKILLZ
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to replace my bent axles on my boat trailer cuz I am tired of having to replace my tires after every river season. Not only did I just replace the bent axles, I took it one step further. Here are the pics of my project. Enjoy!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
With a little practice, you might get pretty good at this frabricating stuff! :54: Looks killer dude! Boat looks great with that blower on it as well. I wish I would have taken a look at it at the TPM don't know how I missed it.

·
"I'm just SPRAYIN' man!!"
618 Posts
Looks fantastic!

I thought my axles were bent too because I wore out so many tires. Come to find out my equalizers and springs were worn out.....once I put new springs and equalizers on, my tires are wearing perfectly now.

·
MADSKILLZ
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With a little practice, you might get pretty good at this frabricating stuff! :54: Looks killer dude! Boat looks great with that blower on it as well. I wish I would have taken a look at it at the TPM don't know how I missed it.
Lol, thanks for the complements ICECREAMAN!!! Yeah I only drove it to the cove and back. Didn't run it in the cove cuz it was its first time out and it only had a trailer tune.

·
MADSKILLZ
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks fantastic!

I thought my axles were bent too because I wore out so many tires. Come to find out my equalizers and springs were worn out.....once I put new springs and equalizers on, my tires are wearing perfectly now.
Thank you 78 Crusader!!! Sounds like you got off easy haha. My axles stick out 18" past the leaf springs due to the design of the trailer for the tunnel hull. With the trailer being 14yrs old my axles were bent pretty bad from all the weight on them. This new set up has everything brand new and the axles are 2" x 3" x 1/4" wall tube. The 3 axles should help out with the load on each axle, plus I love the look!!!

·
"I'm just SPRAYIN' man!!"
618 Posts
Thank you 78 Crusader!!! Sounds like you got off easy haha. My axles stick out 18" past the leaf springs due to the design of the trailer for the tunnel hull. With the trailer being 14yrs old my axles were bent pretty bad from all the weight on them. This new set up has everything brand new and the axles are 2" x 3" x 1/4" wall tube. The 3 axles should help out with the load on each axle, plus I love the look!!!
You're welcome.

Be careful on toll roads...they charge you "per axle"....lol......serious rip off in your case as you'd be charged just as much (5 axles) as a big rig would...... I think. :shock:

I love the look too.......

·
MADSKILLZ
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're welcome.

Be careful on toll roads...they charge you "per axle"....lol......serious rip off in your case as you'd be charged just as much (5 axles) as a big rig would...... I think. :shock:

I love the look too.......
thanks, luckily there are no toll roads around me or in any direction i drive to :))THumbsUp

·
New here
4,219 Posts
Nice project! I am thinking about bagging mine. Use the thinnest MAIN leafs I can find and leave them single without any additional leaves. Naturally, that wouldn't support the whole shibang, but that's where the airbags would come in. The truck already has compressor and bags on the rear. I could just put a quick-coupler to hook to the truck. Could even use a valve to toggle the pressure to run it real low to the ground during normal travel and then raise it during driveways and launch ramps.

Of course, one would need some bump-stops just in case the bags all deflated. Wouldn't want the tires coming up into the fenders!

·
MADSKILLZ
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice project! I am thinking about bagging mine. Use the thinnest MAIN leafs I can find and leave them single without any additional leaves. Naturally, that wouldn't support the whole shibang, but that's where the airbags would come in. The truck already has compressor and bags on the rear. I could just put a quick-coupler to hook to the truck. Could even use a valve to toggle the pressure to run it real low to the ground during normal travel and then raise it during driveways and launch ramps.

Of course, one would need some bump-stops just in case the bags all deflated. Wouldn't want the tires coming up into the fenders!
That would be a pretty Trick setup right there!!! I think you should do it. I'll keep an eye out for you're project thread!!! :wink2:

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
So I decided to replace my bent axles on my boat trailer cuz I am tired of having to replace my tires after every river season. Not only did I just replace the bent axles, I took it one step further. Here are the pics of my project. Enjoy!!!
Very nice setup! Can I be a fly on the wall in your shop?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts