Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone run 33" tires on 20" rims with a 3/4 ton truck? Hows the ride? Im thinking of putting a leveling kit on my truck and going down to 33s. Im getting tired of climbing into it (even with the amp steps). Im in and out of my truck constantly throughout the day for work and its just not the best daily driver. Unfortuantly a 2nd car is out of the budget. If my gf's car wansnt a 2 door Id trade her during the week.:D

If its going to bounce all over with the thin side wall im not going to do it. I really like my rims.

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
Anyone run 33" tires on 20" rims with a 3/4 ton truck? Hows the ride? Im thinking of putting a leveling kit on my truck and going down to 33s. Im getting tired of climbing into it (even with the amp steps). Im in and out of my truck constantly throughout the day for work and its just not the best daily driver. Unfortuantly a 2nd car is out of the budget. If my gf's car wansnt a 2 door Id trade her during the week.:D

If its going to bounce all over with the thin side wall im not going to do it. I really like my rims.
My friend runs 35x12.50x20's on his Duramax and I don't think there is any problem with the ride, I am gonna switch him out of the M/T to an A/T-BFG, better wear.

·
28 Powerplay - HP500
1,399 Posts
Why yes, I know someone who's done this.;)

Truck rides just fine, the tires appear "lo-pro" compared to the truck, but there is plenty of sidewall.

Is your lift a CST? You could lower it to the bottom of it's range and run 33-34's and with a step be pretty practical I'd think?

One of the reasons I went with 6 and 33's is the ease of use.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My friend runs 35x12.50x20's on his Duramax and I don't think there is any problem with the ride, I am gonna switch him out of the M/T to an A/T-BFG, better wear.
I have Toyo M/T right now and was thinking of going to something else in the mudd category. I cant find an A/T tire I like. I like an aggressive looking tire. Ive got somewhere around 32-33k on mine and I think Id be lucky to see another 6k.

Why yes, I know someone who's done this.;)

Truck rides just fine, the tires appear "lo-pro" compared to the truck, but there is plenty of sidewall.

Is your lift a CST? You could lower it to the bottom of it's range and run 33-34's and with a step be pretty practical I'd think?

One of the reasons I went with 6 and 33's is the ease of use.

How would that be done? smaller block in the rear and what to the front? I think if it was more of a 4" on 33"s Id be happier.

·
28 Powerplay - HP500
1,399 Posts
I have Toyo M/T right now and was thinking of going to something else in the mudd category. I cant find an A/T tire I like. I like an aggressive looking tire. Ive got somewhere around 32-33k on mine and I think Id be lucky to see another 6k.

How would that be done? smaller block in the rear and what to the front? I think if it was more of a 4" on 33"s Id be happier.
I loved my Cooper STTs, and they are made in the USA. I've heard they can last 40K+ if rotated.

If you have the 6-8 CST I think you can "uncrank" the fronts, and then if you're pointing down just get a 4in block for the rear rather than 6 that you have now?

If you could find 34's (in a metric size) I think that'd be perfect with a 6. I really liked the looks of 6 and 33's, and it's a little different than the norm, and fairly practical. You'll also feel real fast going down in tire size/weight like that.:)devil

·
Registered
13 Posts
nitto makes a305/55/20 ten ply withc is 33.07 inches quiet good mileage all terrain lots of siping good in water [boat ramps] i can get you a great deal on them the coopers are nice but the stts are loud and sidewall does not look finised

·
28 Powerplay - HP500
1,399 Posts
nitto makes a305/55/20 ten ply withc is 33.07 inches quiet good mileage all terrain lots of siping good in water [boat ramps] i can get you a great deal on them the coopers are nice but the stts are loud and sidewall does not look finised
My STT's were no louder than Toyo MT's, both very quiet for mud tires.

Sidewall looks great to me.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Do you have a link or picture?

·
Registered
13 Posts
go to http://nittotire.com and then hit grapplers its a terra grappler i have sold thousands of these they are simular to the toyo all terrains but better looking sidewall and tread design i do sell other tires too im just trying to save you time

·
Registered
13 Posts
fords super duty do ride rougher then chevys with the right springs and shocks i can get that truck riding better then stock

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Everything I've read says the Nitto's are loud and don't last.

I personally don't love their looks either. They are the cheapest option though.

Thanks. Ive heard they arent rated for a lot of weight but I dont tow a Car Hauler around. I like the look of the m/t.

I really like the Mickey Thompsons.. Has anyone run these?

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Thanks. Ive heard they arent rated for a lot of weight but I dont tow a Car Hauler around. I like the look of the m/t.

I really like the Mickey Thompsons.. Has anyone run these?
I ran those on my Superduty, 37's. I rotated them constantly and had issues with cupping and uneven wear. Keeping them balanced was kind of a chore as well. I went to 38.5's in the ProComp Extreme All Terrains, and have to say those tires were very good. They were quiet and kept a good balance between rotations. I didn't have any issues with uneven wear or cupping either. I'm now running Kumho's, 35's on 20's. So far they're as good as the ProComps were.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys!

Hows are the Terra Grapplers wearing down? How often do you rotate and balance them?

I hear the Nittos are very good on the slippery ramps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I run the terra grapplers on both of my trucks. Great road tire and does well offroad. the mudders get chewed up way too fast and get progressively louder as they wear down. I just bought 2 more this week and paid $400 if that helps?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts