Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a pain in my ass , made appointment had pictures taken and then when its time for them to take my paperwork and money they tell me that my original Birth Cert is not good enough i have to get a certified copy from the County of LA , so i go online and get that started and then i have to go get a form notarized to tell them i am who i say i am , all this BS just so i can come back into the country that i am a citizen of , i don't get it

Rant Over , time for a great weekend on the river :)hand

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
What a pain in my ass , made appointment had pictures taken and then when its time for them to take my paperwork and money they tell me that my original Birth Cert is not good enough i have to get a certified copy from the County of LA , so i go online and get that started and then i have to go get a form notarized to tell them i am who i say i am , all this BS just so i can come back into the country that i am a citizen of , i don't get it

Rant Over , time for a great weekend on the river :)hand
It's a start to help keep out illegals with fasle documents.

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
You never know when you might need to leave the country for who knows what reason. I encourage everyone to get this done and don't wait until you need to, or until you've planned a trip. It could take MONTHS to get it. Don't hesitate. If you have a certified copy of your birth cert, go down to the Post Office. Many will take your picture there, for a fee, of course, but it's convenient to get it all done in one spot. Then be done with it. They send you your birth cert back. If you don't have a certified copy of your birth certificate for everyone in your house, you should get those also and keep them in a file. Better to have them and not need them than need them and have to wait weeks or months to get them.

·
Registered
991 Posts
So let me get this straight.... You cant get a passport to tell the border guards who you are and you have a birth certificate they wont accept, so you must use your CA driver's license to show to a notary who will then stamp a paper you send away to get another copy of your (same) birth certificate so the Govt will give you a passport that is predicated on your driver's license ???:)sphss

Gotta love bureaucracy:)st

·
Registered
557 Posts
You never know when you might need to leave the country for who knows what reason. I encourage everyone to get this done and don't wait until you need to, or until you've planned a trip. It could take MONTHS to get it. Don't hesitate. If you have a certified copy of your birth cert, go down to the Post Office. Many will take your picture there, for a fee, of course, but it's convenient to get it all done in one spot. Then be done with it. They send you your birth cert back. If you don't have a certified copy of your birth certificate for everyone in your house, you should get those also and keep them in a file. Better to have them and not need them than need them and have to wait weeks or months to get them.
Icouldn't agree more. I got mine 3 years ago at the post office. I got it back in 3 weeks and started going out of the country soon after. It is definitaly a wise investment.

·
Above The Wet Spot
491 Posts
So let me get this straight.... You cant get a passport to tell the border guards who you are and you have a birth certificate they wont accept, so you must use your CA driver's license to show to a notary who will then stamp a paper you send away to get another copy of your (same) birth certificate so the Govt will give you a passport that is predicated on your driver's license ???:)sphss

Gotta love bureaucracy:)st
Nice one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts