Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My first post.....

I live in Northern California and I am looking for a decent tunnel hull to buy. I have an engine already, blown gas. I am not looking to set the world on fire but would like to do over a 100 every now and then. If anybody has any good leads, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for the space,

Alex

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
welcome to the circus, please fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride, also we need pics of your wife and or g/f...you just opend a can of worms.,,lol:D

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Hello,

My first post.....

I live in Northern California and I am looking for a decent tunnel hull to buy. I have an engine already, blown gas. I am not looking to set the world on fire but would like to do over a 100 every now and then. If anybody has any good leads, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for the space,

Alex
Give Greg at GS marine a call 951-272-6060 he has 2 diffenent tunnel hulls to choose from

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let me get this thread back on topic........

Looking for a tunnel hull without motor, don't want to set the world on fire, would like to do an occassional 100 mph (not on the trailer behind my truck), in the 4 - 5K dollar range

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have an Earl Smith 16ft Texas Tunnel Hull with a Chevy 489 cid that i would seperate. Right now the boat runs a 10.06 sec 1/4. Its white gel coat, berkeley pump with B impeller. Has a race nozzle with 3.125 bushing. Center steering with bucket seat right now but can be moved and have a bench seat for the front also. Autometer tach and gauges. 10 gallon fuel tank on right side, fill thru hull. Nice engine rail kit. Rails run full length inside the stringers from behind motor to under the dashboad at the bulkhead. Its sitting on a very nice custom tandem wheel trailer with chrome fenders. I`ll pull the motor and even leave the driveshaft. This boat was the 2001-02 high points champion in the M.S.D.B.A. $4500 662-423-5070 Richard

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
How much experience do you have with boats? You really need to be carefull with certain hulls and with that kind of HP if you are of limited driving experience in a boat. Rigging also plays into handling and performance a lot. I would recomend highly a SO CAL Performance Tunnel, or a So Cal TPR 19. Great handling boats and great build.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Contact William, he may still have the hull intact!!!!!!!!!

http://www.performanceboats.com//showthread.php?t=34074
Is this guy your friend, what's the deal with him?

I sent him a messsage about his boat, he said the transome is hanging on his garage wall. That's too bad because it looked like something of interest and was located in Northern California as well.

Oh well, a day late and a dollar short.

Where are all the responses, I know there must be more available out there.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Is this guy your friend, what's the deal with him?

I sent him a messsage about his boat, he said the transome is hanging on his garage wall. That's too bad because it looked like something of interest and was located in Northern California as well.

Oh well, a day late and a dollar short.

Where are all the responses, I know there must be more available out there.
i can't believe he cut that thing up, makes me sick to my stomach:)sphss

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
For the price that people are willing to pay for a hull that you have so much time and money in, sometimes it is easier than giving it away. I will have a hard time when it comes time to get rid of M$ but I may just put a TR motor in it and a junk pump like when I got it and give it to my kids.

Cy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So far, there have been a few responses.....

ultra... complete boat, does not fit criteria
texas... looking for an 18' hull
mach 1... hull was cut up
daytona... too expensive

Any other possibilities?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts