Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
float bowls??

Looks killer-BUT....I may be talking out my ass here but I believe you have the bowls mixed. There are primary and secondary bowls. check the site plug locations. The primany bowls have the plug higher (closer to the bowl bolt) Fuel commonly feeds to one side. Fuel level is very important.

You may want to consider installing a bypass system too, and even if you go with a hat/scoop you will need a 1"+ standoff to clear fuel feed on that one carb (unless you go other route). just my .0.2

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Ya, looks like 4 primary float bowls, probably because the secondaries are a pia to get a fitting in...at least for me. I wrecked the first one i did. I did mine low buck/back yard, maybe someday i can afford to get mine looking like yours because they look bitchen!
Engine Auto part Automotive engine part Vehicle Carburetor
btw, mine were in a fire, they got hot enough to melt one of the bowls off the the bowl screws.

·
Registered
985 Posts
No offense to the OP but, something is wrong with that setup. Fuel should be fed from the same side. I have never seen a carb with inlets on opposite corners like that. Looks like they are all SECONDARY bowls. Doesn't the fuel inlets always occur on the same side. A quick google search for "dual carb fuel line" comes up with 100's of them. They all feed from the same side.

The old painted regulator goes perfectly with the mix matched fittings. ;)

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
541 Posts
L
No offense to the OP but, something is wrong with that setup. Fuel should be fed from the same side. I have never seen a carb with inlets on opposite corners like that. Looks like they are all SECONDARY bowls. Doesn't the fuel inlets always occur on the same side. A quick google search for "dual carb fuel line" comes up with 100's of them. They all feed from the same side.

The old painted regulator goes perfectly with the mix matched fittings. ;)

Just my opinion.
Wrong Holley 6109 s feed feed from opposite corners

·
Registered
309 Posts
confused

Are those what you say they are? 4777's?? 4150 series? 650's? Double pumpers? Am I still talking out my ass? What gives?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ya, looks like 4 primary float bowls, probably because the secondaries are a pia to get a fitting in...at least for me. I wrecked the first one i did. I did mine low buck/back yard, maybe someday i can afford to get mine looking like yours because they look bitchen!
View attachment 391737
btw, mine were in a fire, they got hot enough to melt one of the bowls off the the bowl screws.
That just makes them custom heat treated!

·
Registered
950 Posts
These are plummed correctly for this holley. Others are different. Had a set this style and this is exactly how I plummed them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts