Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into tunnell ram intakes for my BBC! I have ret.ports heads on a 496 and my plans are to build a 555 this winter! I will be installing a fogger system also! I do run MSD with a small cap dizzy. About a 6500 -6700 RPM What do you guys think is best intake to use? WT:)devil

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
A Dart is a good platform to start with for a cast intake. You can find some pretty good deals on used intakes also Colby.

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
WT everybody I have talked with and done some research on the Eddy Victor Ram is where its at;) .. With alittle work done to it, it's will perform real well .. Thats what im gonna run anyways:)hand

For the $$$$$ anyways

·
Administrator
16,876 Posts
Our contraption is on a Victor Ram 2

Attachments

·
Distinguished Member
5,772 Posts
Edelbrock Victor isn't a bad choice. We ran one on a 588. We were pretty sure it was too small and restricting it above 7000 RPM. Unfortunately, we never got a chance to dyno the motor with a Dart TR.
We also had pretty good luck with the Holley Dominator TR on a 509 w/dual 1050's. That said, the general consensus seems to be a Dart is a about the best choice for a cast TR on a conventional head motor. Keep hearing good things about the Sniper Hitman TR, but not sure it's made for a conventional head. Maybe someone else got the skinny on it.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well sheet metal is not in this budget unless someone has a nice one CHEAP:D!
You know with all the works and all! Im just saying! LOL! I found some Darts for tall deck and a bunch of Offe not to many Eldes! Thanks for the info.

·
Distinguished Member
5,772 Posts
Well sheet metal is not in this budget unless someone has a nice one CHEAP:D!
You know with all the works and all! Im just saying! LOL! I found some Darts for tall deck and a bunch of Offe not to many Eldes! Thanks for the info.
The Offy's are THE manifold of choice for a stock 455 Olds in a T-bucket or a stock SBC in a rat rod... other than that, recycle value only... Of course, JMHO.:)bulb

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
The Dart was designed basically as an affordable "sheet metal" style intake, cast, of course. When it was designed, I don't think the Victor Ram was out yet, and nothing else (cast TR) had the V plenum design like found on most sheet metal TR's. The Dart is a large runner intake and a bit big for smaller, lower rpm engines especially under ~540ci. The Edelbrock works real well in these applications where the dart is more for BIG engines or smaller engines turning lots of RPM.
I'd go with the the Edelbrock on your deal.

·
just a ski boat with bark
2,811 Posts
The Edelbrock Victor Ram with a couple Holley 750s is the only tunnel ram I've run but I've been happier with it than I was my single plane but I'm only 467cid turning about 7300rpm most of the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts