Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
I know of one for sure that has a back seat,...and its perfect for what i do, and when i get home i can prove that a 7ft. tall tarzan looking MoFo, AKA "Jimmy Dodd" fit in the back comfortably! lol
Todd

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
when i get home and post a pic, you can see the room you can have if you decide to go that route, anyone that owns a tunnel will get right behind me and say the same, "there is no other ride in that length of boat on the market!
If they say other, they are either full of ***** have not driven a tunnel, i trully never thought i would say that about a boat!...and a 21' is even more comfy!...but still fun to drive!

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
TPR Stealth, GS Marine 19 Tunnel, cheyenne, etc... I always see these boats with no back seat... Is it not possible to fit one? As much as i love these boats, i need a back seat, even if it's not comfirtable.... :D
Assuming you're talking about 19' tunnels, it's not practical. You can put the front seats so that the driver and passenger's legs and feet are under the deck, move the engine back as far as it will go, and then have enough room for a back seat where children can sit. IMO

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
plenty of room for 4 adults in a daytona
this driver is 6'2" and that guy in the back is 6'1" and
250 lbs.

if needed he can pull the back seat, move the engine forward and change drivlines
to the original setup for racing

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Assuming you're talking about 19' tunnels, it's not practical. You can put the front seats so that the driver and passenger's legs and feet are under the deck, move the engine back as far as it will go, and then have enough room for a back seat where children can sit. IMO
Come on there chief, show us your pics and well show you ours

Look like its possible to me!
Front seats put your ackles lust under the dash.

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Come on there chief, show us your pics and well show you ours... Look like its possible to me!
Front seats put your ackles lust under the dash...
Hey Tonto I didn't write that it was impossible, LMRAO. I said the front seats have to be moved forward and the engine has to be moved back. Sorry, I don't know how to do multiple qoutes yet. :D Check out Outlaws post relating to "if needed he can pull...", or check out obierno's pic that he posted and tell me that's where that engine was originaly placed at, nah you didn't build those boats so you may not know the answer's I'm seeking from you. So just go check out your boat, how far is the engine from the transom? Why don't you post up that picture of your bitchin (bad assed!) ride that shows how close your back seat is to your front seats? I dug your boat so much I'm pretty sure I saved that picture so if you don't know where it is I'll check back later and post it up for you. C'mon Todd, don't attack me unless you want to show/tell the whole story.

(Edit: Damn I need to stay out of political and religous topics, they get me way too worked up!)

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
My shadow had a back seat. It was comfortable for my ice chest, but not for people (no leg room). The boat rides like crap with the extra weight so I took them out. And went to fiberglass buckets.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Hey Tonto I didn't write that it was impossible, LMRAO. I said the front seats have to be moved forward and the engine has to be moved back. Sorry, I don't know how to do multiple qoutes yet. :D Check out Outlaws post relating to "if needed he can pull...", or check out obierno's pic that he posted and tell me that's where that engine was originaly placed at, nah you didn't build those boats so you may not know the answer's I'm seeking from you. So just go check out your boat, how far is the engine from the transom? Why don't you post up that picture of your bitchin (bad assed!) ride that shows how close your back seat is to your front seats? I dug your boat so much I'm pretty sure I saved that picture so if you don't know where it is I'll check back later and post it up for you. C'mon Todd, don't attack me unless you want to show/tell the whole story.

(Edit: Damn I need to stay out of political and religous topics, they get me way too worked up!)
"Kuimosabe"!...What the hell are you talking about?...Tonto? LMFAOhil:) you are too much to figure out right now, are you referring to me or someone else?
P.S. learn how to quote, because this would not be so confusing otherwise.
Todd (aka...Tonto):D

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
My shadow had a back seat. It was comfortable for my ice chest, but not for people (no leg room). The boat rides like crap with the extra weight so I took them out. And went to fiberglass buckets.

This pic showed here was taken when i had the injection unit in the boat, when i was able to remove the cam driven fuel pump, it free'd up about 5 or so inches to move the back seat back, that is where i was able to fig larger human beings, like Big Jim Dodd.
Is this the pic Rod was referring to?
Todd

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
Here's one of the 20 that I will be building in Jan 09. This boat has plenty of room in the back.

And the front seats are 5' long, inside measurement.

·
Banned
3,605 Posts

This pic showed here was taken when i had the injection unit in the boat, when i was able to remove the cam driven fuel pump, it free'd up about 5 or so inches to move the back seat back, that is where i was able to fig larger human beings, like Big Jim Dodd.
Is this the pic Rod was referring to?
Todd
That's the one, phuk that boat is SIK!

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Funny thing is, i might actually use that helmet someday for something other than Local carting tracks! LOL
I really had a plan this past year to try out the whole NJBA deal, but with everything else going to hell, it kinda put anything and everything on the back burner, maybe next time!:p

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Here's one of the 20 that I will be building in Jan 09. This boat has plenty of room in the back.

And the front seats are 5' long, inside measurement.

That looks like fun, but where is the thingy that hangs off the back of all of your guys boats???:)sphss

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
That looks like fun, but where is the thingy that hangs off the back of all of your guys boats???:)sphss
Say what? I'm thinking jet for myself. I would like to see how an Ilmor V10 runs in one of these. I wouldn't mind building one to drag with, 7 passanger drag boat. I think it would be like racing a station wagon.

I wouldn't feel bad if I put a whacker on the trailer. :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts