Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the switch to E98 fuel I removed the old intercooler box and fabbed up this compact sidedraft 2 barrel setup.

This will be the lowest profile setup I ever used. I'm liking this look, The top of the throttle body box is only 5 1/4 " above the manifold flange.
The top of the turbo compressor is 7 1/2 " above the manifold flange.
This will barely stick above the back seat.

I added a bend in the right side compressor tube to get better valve cover access than I ever had before, it also got the bends leading into the throttle bodies on the same plane.

I added a couple short curved sections of alum tube inside the throttle body box to try to direct the flow down,

For the base to the throttle body box I used a leftover carb spacer that came with the Victor manifold. It already had several vaccuum ports and I added some more.

I think I'm just going to use a couple K & N air filters like Hass did on the compressor inlets.
The scoop I ran for years seems outdated to me now.

Looking at this I can see where it would be easy to aim the compressors down like Impatient and Hass did and use a separate intercooler on either side of the motor if it was needed in the future for gas.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
looks great mark! you can actually use the same filter im using which has alot more surface filtering area than hass's, plus has nice chrome metal ends caps instead of jus rubber, i'll get ya the p#. is that on a dyno stand already i see?

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
. is that on a dyno stand already i see?
That's a combination cart and dyno stand.
I may dyno again in the spring just to see what difference the E98 fuel with no intercooler made.
It should recapture about 2# of boost from the intercooler restriction.

·
just a ski boat with bark
2,811 Posts
Looks good Mark, from the asthetics point of view I like it alot better than your old intercooled set up. Hopefully it does what you want. :)hand

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
looks great mark! you can actually use the same filter im using which has alot more surface filtering area than hass's, plus has nice chrome metal ends caps instead of jus rubber, i'll get ya the p#. is that on a dyno stand already i see?
here's the 1 is used on my ls, gave me a place to plumb thru the injector for the preturb meth injection:

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RF-1037

these are a inch shorter:

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RU-5147
Damn Tom. Those are the same size as mine just with the chrome cap(well mines 1/2" taller than yours)
Here's the one I have http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RU-2800

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Damn Tom. Those are the same size as mine just with the chrome cap(well mines 1/2" taller than yours)
Here's the one I have http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RU-2800
oh i thought the bottom link i gave him were your's:)sphss you sure your's is taller than mine? we measured mine and couldnt put them on bill's even without the charge tube on it, they're jus wasnt nuff space to put 1 on each inlet, let alone put the charge tube in between them.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
oh i thought the bottom link i gave him were your's:)sphss you sure your's is taller than mine? we measured mine and couldnt put them on bill's even without the charge tube on it, they're jus wasnt nuff space to put 1 on each inlet, let alone put the charge tube in between them.
The link I put up is definately the ones I'm running maybe you got the wrong one.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
The link I put up is definately the ones I'm running maybe you got the wrong one.
yep you're right, i forgot bout his charge tube being wider at that intersection:)sphss

you trying to get mark to name his boat the "dirty sanchez" or something? lol:p

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
yep you're right, i forgot bout his charge tube being wider at that intersection:)sphss

you trying to get mark to name his boat the "dirty sanchez" or something? lol:p
Nah, i was just f-ckin with him.

I think this deal looks alot better than what he had.

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Mark, I dare you to tape some eyeballs & a mustache to the front of little box :)sphss
]
Actually when I first put that on there it reminded me of the "Men it Black" movie when someone blew the head off that alien guy and a small head grew back. :)sphss :D

·
Administrator
16,876 Posts
Awesome !! Bling Bling

Arent those headers and turbos installed backward?

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 53 Posts