Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2432 Posts

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seems that this turbo crap has really gone crazy around here.

there are threads about how great they are and how much power they make
on and on and on with turbo stuff.

i think it is wonderful the power they seem to make and how they are just the cats meow.

but damn they sound like SHIT.the motor looks even worse in a boat at least in a car you can cover the thing up.

I for one like to make some damn noise, have a idle that just scares the shit out of somebody and makes heads turn.that may not win races but then again i wont look like a **** running around;)

the moral to this is how come some of the baddest jets out there on the racing circuit dont use the TURBO stuff if they are so great???
can somebody answer this?

is it b/c they are not consistent?

or will the rules not let boats with these alien looking motors in to race:)bulb

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE:)handTravis

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
You don't sound like a good candidate for a turbo project anyways. You didn't even spell TURBO right.

You better just bolt on a blower, zoomies, and an Enderle injector. :D
Lots of noise, look cool, Etc.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
You must have stayed up lastnight!:D:D LOL! I know in drag cars that they have to know what they are doing with the setup and program the map to get consistent! WT:)devil

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You must have stayed up lastnight!:D:D LOL! I know in drag cars that they have to know what they are doing with the setup and program the map to get consistent! WT:)devil

yeah stayed up way to late and into some of the morning:D

just thought i would poke fun with some of the turbo guys this morning

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't sound like a good candidate for a turbo project anyways. You didn't even spell TURBO right.

You better just bolt on a blower, zoomies, and an Enderle injector. :D
Lots of noise, look cool, Etc.

hey forgot how i need E-85 also:)hand

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
we don't mind being poked at, come summertime they'll point and laugh, then they'll point again while they're sayin "whollllly ****kkkkkk":D

·
Registered
189 Posts
it seems that this turbo crap has really gone crazy around here.

there are threads about how great they are and how much power they make
on and on and on with turbo stuff.

i think it is wonderful the power they seem to make and how they are just the cats meow.

but damn they sound like SHIT.the motor looks even worse in a boat at least in a car you can cover the thing up.

I for one like to make some damn noise, have a idle that just scares the shit out of somebody and makes heads turn.that may not win races but then again i wont look like a **** running around;)

the moral to this is how come some of the baddest jets out there on the racing circuit dont use the TURBO stuff if they are so great???
can somebody answer this?

is it b/c they are not consistent?

or will the rules not let boats with these alien looking motors in to race:)bulb

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE:)handTravis

You won't have to worry about looking @ the motor because all you'll be doing is trying to steer through the wake that turbo boat is making.

Speaking of poking fun,sorry i couldn't help myself

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Well I guess if making noise & looking cool is the priority, Turbo's are not for you.........

Appears the turbo guys have there priorities on going fast.

Now this is coming from a guy who is running a blower & injector, but it was simple & affordable, makes a shehite load of power & looks badass.......

Carry on

Morg

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Well I guess if making noise & looking cool is the priority, Turbo's are not for you.........

Appears the turbo guys have there priorities on going fast.

Now this is coming from a guy who is running a blower & injector, but it was simple & affordable, makes a shehite load of power & looks badass.......

Carry on

Morg
fuel systems don't get no simpler than 1 single 900cfm 4150 carb to tune:D

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we don't mind being poked at, come summertime they'll point and laugh, then they'll point again while they're sayin "whollllly ****kkkkkk":D

all of this maybe true but sooner or later you will have to stop and let everyone look at(well in the turbo holders words wholly **** what was that)that gay pile that is in the back of the boat,then with ease they will go man that thing really sucks and looks funny i dont care how fast it goes:)hand

oh and tom as far i as know your not a turbo man yet;)maybe building or planning on building 1 but will it last?

you can still come back from the darkside:)sphss

you guys have a great weekend, im outta here going to Oklahoma to visit,play Hillbilly and drink.

later boys,Turbo ****.:pTravis

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
i could care less what people think of my set-up, all i care about is how its gonna chew up bbc's like your's on da bottle:p who's gonna look like da *** getting beat by a lil ole ugly sbc;):D be like a chiauhua(sp?) whooping da shit outta a pitbull, the pitbull and owner are gonna leave looking :)gay:(hil:)

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
all of this maybe true but sooner or later you will have to stop and let everyone look at(well in the turbo holders words wholly **** what was that)that gay pile that is in the back of the boat,then with ease they will go man that thing really sucks and looks funny i dont care how fast it goes:)hand

oh and tom as far i as know your not a turbo man yet;)maybe building or planning on building 1 but will it last?

you can still come back from the darkside:)sphss

you guys have a great weekend, im outta here going to Oklahoma to visit,play Hillbilly and drink.

later boys,Turbo ****.:pTravis
Travi, Travis ,Travis :p
When I'm at the lake my boat always draws a croud. They stand around & ask all kinds of ?'s . And when they are walking off talking , they're always telling each other that that thing is just bad azz, they hardly notice the regular "lowd" boats that are there. usually wont even walk down the beach to look at one.
This is part of the reason that I'm going to take a while to change over to blow through and the larger turbos. I dont mind the advantages of it but I want it to look the part also. Not look like a kids science project. And my system as it is right now looks good , sounds good and performs well. I wont change permanently till the blowthrough deal proves the same , then I'll get rid of my current setup.
We also drive our stuff, if you look at this vid from the Eddie Hill get together we went to , you'll see several other boats in the water that never left the bank. Eddie and Me were the only ones that burned any fuel. To bad I was out of NOS by the time I got to take'em for a ride. But we still ran 104-105.
Good times

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Nothing is more awesome than a turbo big block. (except a turbine)

Blower parasitic loss has come way down in recent years with the advent of the whipple - but its still a long way away from the adiabatic efficiency of a turbo when both are producing their rated boost.

Turbos are hard to tune relatively speaking and the exhaust plumbing is expensive and likely custom on every rig.

Like all things you can solve the problem with money.

UD

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Nothing is more awesome than a turbo big block. (except a turbine)

Blower parasitic loss has come way down in recent years with the advent of the whipple - but its still a long way away from the adiabatic efficiency of a turbo when both are producing their rated boost.

Turbos are hard to tune relatively speaking and the exhaust plumbing is expensive and likely custom on every rig.

Like all things you can solve the problem with money.

UD
or knowhow:D cause i gots no $$$$$$$$:p

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
What kind of fuel regulator is used? One that adjusts higher when the boost rises?
yep, ya give the carb a base idle pressure of 7psi, and by the time its at 20psi of boost, the fuel pressure is at 27psi. aeromotive 13202 regulator is the best regulator you can use on blow thru, it'll support up to 3000hp thru it.i put 1 on my uncle's tt496 and i bought 1 for my single turb 325 motor. you can pick them up on yellowbullet , good used condition for around 100bucks, new is about 150ish

here's the top diggy dog carb for making huge hp with a procharger or turbos:

http://www.candsspecialties.com/store/html/blowthru.html

1600 bucks, but all we had to do was adjust idle mixture to clean up the air fuel ratio at idle, other than that the jets or bleeds haven't been touched and it keeps a badass a/f ratio no matter how much throttle ya give!

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
I've though the same... well a small part of what you said :D Why arnt there more turbo jetboats out there. Then again for the jet drag race guys it seams like NOS is all the rage.

I personally like turbo engines, i think they sound awsome too.

Here's another question maybe the turbo guys can answer... Why are there no turbo fuel'ers? (cars or boats)

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
I've though the same... well a small part of what you said :D Why arnt there more turbo jetboats out there. Then again for the jet drag race guys it seams like NOS is all the rage.

I personally like turbo engines, i think they sound awsome too.

Here's another question maybe the turbo guys can answer... Why are there no turbo fuel'ers? (cars or boats)
honestly, because the fuel systems were so complicated for so long. over the past decade blow thru carb tech has caught up with the efi turbo tech and just made it easier to go blow thru carb nowadays and make gobs of power with em. the carbs available now make doin this kinda stuff easy , and you'll see alot of doubters make the change over once it becomes common place. no nitrous bottles to refill, no blower making whining noises so loud ya can't even hear the person next to ya, etc. etc. etc. oh, and lets not forget the pumpgas part:)bulb

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Then......

What fuel pump are you using to increase the fuel pressure?

How does it rise?.......or how are you bleeding off the excess pressure from a high pressure fuel pump to get it down to 7#?
yeah, the 13202 is a bypass regulator, the port off the regulator hooks to the carb hat and as soon as the boost in the hat rises, so does the fuel pressure.we're using a aeromotive belt driven pump on my uncle's, i'm gonna use a electric pump on mine, don't want any belts at all on my motor.

you can see most of the tt496's fuel system on this link:

http://www.performanceboats.com//showthread.php?t=41466&page=2

nothing exotic bout it, pretty simple, just a high volume set-up that'll support 2500hp:)grn

1 - 20 of 2432 Posts