Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 805 Posts

·
tintingsandiego
1,063 Posts
Nice job...Do you plan on a speed coat... ect ? While your at that point, good time to do some other stuff.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Nice job, now you get to do the same thing to the inside to make a complete repair. If you don't, its going to crack yet again.

·
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no speed coat this time. its already painted & buffed out sitting on the trailer . & yes i still have to do some on the inside. much easier. looking for the finish pics :)Unsure

·
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i found 1 finish pic. i wet sanded the back 1/2 ,buffed the whole bottom & waxed it a few times.i did not notice a difference in speed without the speed coat,as it was speed coated after the first bottom repair

Attachments

·
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
i also had my trailer fenders cracking the plates that they were bolted to . so i welded gussets. i resprayed the outside frame of the trailer & also added new bunks,carpet & a extra brace on the long bunk for extra support as people seemed to think this was the cause of the cracking . i don't think so but it wasn't hard to do . not sure if it will hurt or not though.flexibility on the trailer? i recommend if you are going to paint a trailer to check all the welds on the frame inside & out . my trailer was cover pass welded & bondoed over so the body filler would start cracking . the backside of the welds were not complete so the the welds were cracking.where the frame comes together in the front the plate has a weld that was not done right either & after the first paint job it cracked right away also, right under the bow eye.also i recomend adjusting the trailer bunks before you paint.

Attachments

·
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
these are the gussets . i also added a little stainless hardware & pulled the axle frame & assembly off the trailer frame to do this. i didn't want the welder to put burn marks into the frame paint

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I fixed a small crack on the bottom of my sanger cruiser, but nothing like this! What kind of boat is this? That's a ton of work.

Andrew

·
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
had some problems with the piston rings. i had no champher left after block was bored over .100. these ring compressors didn't work. i wound up getting a solid tapered 1size fits only 1 size type from summit that worked great.

Attachments

·
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i had the dampener sized & it was too tight still. the washer cupped in & i never did get it on all the way last time . so i mixed some bearing lube with the anti-seize to make it extra slick which worked out well. i iced the crank down & put the dampener in the oven on a low setting & checked it with the laser temp gun to make sure the rubber wouldn't get too hot. i think i got it to 160* if i remember right. barely got it on all the way & the new washer cupped too. it was a mr. gasket i believe . well i ordered the one from arp to put on now.

Attachments

·
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
checked the piston to valve clearance after grinding on the pistons & had the 1/2 studs put in to get rid of all the helicoils.( i was getting water in the oil a little more than should have been )also ground all the bolts on the inside of the intake ports to flow better

Attachments

1 - 20 of 805 Posts